Everyone wants to grow tall.
Since I am short in stature I always admired people who were tall. Being tall gives you a majestic personality.
It is your genes which decides your height. But there are ways you can definitely grow tall, even if you are from a family of short stature people.
Many years ago, Chinese and the Japanese were short in stature. But now you can see a tall Chinese or a tall Japanese.
How can a country well-known for its short stature people have a basketball team which can boast of some of the tallest players in the world?
So to grow tall is very achievable.
Top 5 sure tips to grow tall – Achieve your dream height
1. Nutritive diet
Diet plays a vital role in making you grow tall.
Do you eat junk food?
Avoid it at any cost. It has no nutritive value.
- Eat healthy food.
- Lead a disciplined life.
- Do not miss your breakfast.
- Your breakfast should be rich in vitamins, calcium and protein. Calcium is very essential to make you grow tall. It also helps in making your bones strong and sturdy.
- Eggs, meat, tofu, chicken are all storehouse of protein and amino acids.
2. Watch your weight
You should be careful not to gather weight as it will make you look even shorter.
Gaining weight around your middle is unsightly and ugly.
- Avoid fatty foods and sweets.
- Stop eating when your stomach is half full. If you eat till you feel heavy, you will add weight easily.
It is no use if you grow tall but look bloated with bulges and tires around your girth. So never have any superfluous flesh anywhere in your body.
3. Posture is very important
If your posture is slouchy you look shorter than your real height.
- Stand erect and ramrod straight. If you have a hunch when you stand you will look short.
- Tuck in your stomach when you stand, with your shoulders straight and upright.
- Practice the posture before the mirror.
You will look taller when your posture is correct.
4. Simple exercises to grow tall
There are certain simple exercises which might help you grow tall.
- Hang something at a height taller than you and try to reach it with your hands.
- Stand on your toes and stretch as tall as possible.
- Do it at least ten times daily.
- Mark the height you are able to reach daily.
- You will see you can reach out more as days passes.
I tried this on my daughter with good results.
- Hang on a horizontal pole and stay there for five minutes.
- Get down, relax and start again. Do it ten times daily. It is another sure result oriented exercise.
- Skipping, swimming and any form of stretching exercise is good for you to grow tall.
5.Have healthy habits
- Avoid alcohol and drugs. It stunts your growth.
- Avoid late night partying.
- Do not eat late in the night.
- Have good eight hours of sleep.
Do not over strain yourself as it might have an adverse effect on your health. You can see positive results if you make sustained efforts to make your height increase. Regular exercises, healthy diet, active life and erect posture are all key factors that contribute to your height.