Most couples lose interest in each other few years after their marriage.
It is strange to find couples feeling bored after all the love they shared together.
Are you one among such couples?
Most of you feel your relationship slipping into mediocrity after a few years of married life.
Why does this happen to your relationship?
As years go by you find it impossible to retain the initial glow of your love.
Where does your before-marriage excitement disappear?
Why is your post-married life uninteresting and unexciting?
What happens in between that couples lose interest in each other?
The fault lies with both.
- Your concentration shift from your spouse to fulfilling family responsibilities and commitments.
- Your attention diverts towards your children.
- You drain yourself to earn lots of money to make their future secure.
- You become too busy to interact with your spouse.
‘It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.’ Friedrich Nietzsche
I had gone to an eye hospital for my annual checkup. In front of me sat a middle-aged couple. I could see that they were very well off from their looks and the way they dressed. What amazed me was their attitude towards each other. The wife stared in front of her with a blank look while the husband was busy with his mobile. They scarcely exchanged a word in the two hours I was there.
A completely disinterested couple, weren’t they?
Are they a lone case of disinterested couples?
No, they are not!
Many of you nod your head in affirmative that you too fall under that category. Your relationship drags on and on monotonously and repetitively.
But this was not the case when you were in love.
You were very interested in each other during your love days, weren’t you?
This is the reason you find your dating days very thrilling and exciting.
But after marriage your interest in your spouse slowly dwindles into nothing.
Top reasons why couples lose interest in each other after marriage
- Your interest shifts to earning money.
- You are more concentrated in making your family financially secure.
- You never notice the goodness of your spouse- this makes him\her feel taken for granted.
- You are exhausted by your work related tension.
- You are bogged down by one responsibility after another.
- You are fatigued and drained by the never ending household chores.
- Money matters makes you argue bitterly with your spouse.
- The financial commitments of the family pressurizes you.
- There are lots of relationship issues between you.
- You do not have anything to talk to your spouse after a few years of marriage.
These reasons make you lose the vivaciousness of your love days. Whenever you interact with your spouse, you invariably talk about some important family issues which often ends in an argument. So you feel it better to talk only when necessary. Silence rules your home.
When couples lose interest in each other they easily get addicted to TV\laptop\mobile phones\social media.
Modern relationship destroyers.
You had so much to talk with your spouse when you were in love. You talked about almost everything under the sky.
What happens after your marriage?
During the initial stages of your marriage you are thrilled that you have married the person you ardently loved. The newness of the physical proximity of your spouse excites you.
But soon you find your married life entirely different from your love days.
When you marry the person you passionately love you have great expectations and hopes. You have an idealistic view about your spouse. You also feel that the excitement of your love days would continue after marriage also.
But you are in for a shock.
After marriage you see a totally different side of your spouse. A side you do not like at all. You feel your spouse is after all very mediocre and mundane.
Top relationship changes that makes couples lose interest in their spouse.
- Your care free days are gone forever.
- You become answerable to your spouse – Very frustrating and irritating.
- You do not adjust or tolerate the trivial faults of your spouse.
- You make a big issue of minor family problems.
- Certain habits of your spouse infuriates you.
- The gentleness in your voice gives way to roughness and toughness after marriage making your spouse feel hostile towards you.
- You talk more in the mobile than with your spouse. Very wrong.
Gradually your marriage becomes like an often watched movie- very predictable and very boring.
Unless you keep communicating with your spouse your married life stagnates and rusts.
Why do you always talk about payments, finance, in law issues, your tiredness and work related stress?
These topics are always quarrelsome and hostile.
Follow these easy tips to make your married life interesting
You teased your spouse with fun before marriage, didn’t you?
Do that after marriage also.
You had so much to talk to each other before marriage.
Show the same interest after marriage also.
Small talk with your spouse. – topics like movies, gadgets, sports and film stars makes your interaction fun and sporting. Easiest way to make your married life very interesting and absorbing.
Spend time watching your favorite shows together – cuddle up to each other.
Gardening is an excellent stress reliever.
Mutual hobbies make you converse with excitement.
Playing games are good for your body and relationship.
Switch off your mobile phone when you are with your spouse. Never make it a substitute for your spouse.
Discussing interesting topics with humor and affability is a prime factor to retain interest in your spouse.
It is so easy to ruin your relationship by deviating from your spouse.
Couples lose interest in each other only when they do not know the laws of making their marriage work.
Married life is like a plant.
Can a plant grow when you do not take care of it?
It will wither if unattended. Your marriage also needs attention like a plant. Water it with your love. Nourish it with unrelenting interest for your spouse.