How many times do you feel ashamed of yourself?
I am sure many times!
Don’t feel ashamed as it could make you depressed and miserable.
Who doesn’t make mistakes?
Many of you feel ashamed and humiliated when you think of the unknowing mistakes and blunders you commit in your life.
‘How could I have done this mistake’ you ask yourself million times!
Why do you feel ashamed of yourself?
- When you face persistent failures you feel – ‘I could have tried harder.’
- When you are knee deep in debts you feel ashamed that you were not judicious in dealing with money – ‘I should have never borrowed money without thinking of my capacity of repayment.’
- Your infidelity makes you cringe in shame – ‘How could I have cheated my spouse?’
- You are ashamed of your poor performance in your profession – ‘I am ashamed that my junior performs better than me.’
- Your divorce makes you feel ashamed of your relationship mistakes – ‘If only I had tried I could have made my marriage work.’
Mistakes! Blunders! Slip-ups make you feel ashamed of yourself.
You are after all human, aren’t you?
Rest assured that you are not the only one in the world to feel ashamed. Everyone in this world feels ashamed for having done something which is not part of their character.
‘To err is human’ isn’t it?
You commit mistakes unknowingly and feel ashamed of it for days.
‘I have done many mistakes in my life. When I think back I feel ashamed that I behaved in such a callous manner,’ you lament about your blunders.
‘Share whatever it is you’re ashamed about. You may think you can hide your shame by not talking about it, but in reality, it’s your shame that’s hiding you.’ – Adam Appleson
When you admit that you have made mistakes, it shows you have conscience.
A very good sign!
Do you know when you feel ashamed of yourself you kill your happiness?
You destroy the peace of your family. You bury yourself in a world of loneliness feeling you are not worthy. Deeply embedded sense of shame can destroy your mental stability.
How to overcome the mental torture of feeling ashamed of yourself?
- Do not brood about it as if you had committed a sin.
- Make a vow never to commit the mistakes ever again in your life.
- Be kind to yourself.
- You must pacify your guilt ridden mind.
- Share your guilt with someone who really cares for you.
- Understand that you had not committed the mistake deliberately.
- Get your guilty conscience out of your system completely and absolutely.
There are 2 reasons why you feel ashamed of yourself
- You are ashamed for the mistakes you commit.
- You feel sorry when you trample over your colleague to get your promotion.
- When you cheat your spouse for another person you feel you are not worthy.
- When you spend recklessly and get deep into debt you are sorrowful about your financial blunders.
- When you are not responsible you have a very low opinion about yourself.
- When you fall prey to harmful habits your world crashes when it destroys your health.
- When you let go opportunities that knock at your door you break your head about your lost success.
These are just few of your mistakes that makes you feel ashamed of yourself.
You feel ashamed of your personality. A great wrecker of your happiness!
- You have very low opinion about yourself.
- You do not like your appearance- it is a shocking revelation that many of you feel ashamed of yourself because you look bad and ugly.
- Your lack of confidence makes you withdraw into a shell of dejection, misery and isolation.
- Your persistent failures make you feel you are no good in this world.
Where do you think your feeling of shame is going to get you to?
Unless you forgive yourself you can never live in peace as your feeling of shame tortures you.
Ask forgiveness if you had hurt someone deliberately.
Develop good characteristics.
Move mentally away from your mistakes.
Understand feeling ashamed of yourself is not enough. You should change for the better. Change into a new and matured person with good character. When you keep feeling ashamed of yourself you lose insight about what should be done to make you better.
Thrust aside your shame. Think ahead to never make blunders any time in your life. A better option than feeling ashamed of yourself, isn’t it?