Depression – the word sends shivers all over your body, doesn’t it?
Why is it so?
- Depression is the number one cause for suicides.
- It is a happiness wrecker.
- It destroys your self- esteem and self- respect.
- You feel you are alone and lost in this mercenary world.
- You feel unworthy and unwanted.
What are the top reasons for depression?
- Persistent failures
- Loss of a precious one
- Comparing yourself with others and feeling that you are lesser than them.
- Unhappy past.
- Bitter childhood
- Too much competition in work place
- Your nagging\angry spouse
- Unruly children
- Lack of money.
You brood about your problems and make yourself sick with concern.
Do you know that depression is more a disease of mind?
Your body is diseased when you are ill and sick. Your mind is diseased when you have depressive thoughts. Unless you fight against depression it slowly erodes into your happiness. It makes your life a day to day struggle. You become an abject failure.
When your life is bombarded with surge of problems you feel lost and despondent. You never think of solutions. You think everything is lost. You do not fight back but meekly surrender to your depressed mind.
Unless you fight back, depression controls your life.
How to fight against depression? – Reasons and simple ways to deal with it!
Do you think back at your unsuccessful past with depression at the mistakes you made?
- Past is past. Mistakes done has been done. Past has left your life. It is never going to come back to you. Your past is actually your reference book. Refer to it to see the mistakes you have made. Take it as precious lessons. Live your present in a very positive way.
Is your present failure making you depressed?
- Everyone faces failures in their life. The trick to success is to rise again and again. Your present failures is a passing phase in your life. It will never continue into your future.
Do you feel apprehensive to share your fears?
- When you are lonely your thoughts are even more depressed. Your fears becomes monumental in your mind. You think you are fighting a lost battle. Never ever store depressive thoughts in your mind. You should share your fears with someone who is positive and optimistic. A positive person has words of encouragement and his enthusiasm makes you feel there is hope for you.
Are you hopeless that you are destined to suffer?
- Self- pity is very closely linked to depression. You think you are the only one failing in the whole world. You are depressed that everyone in the world is happy except you. Kindly realize each and everyone in this world suffer from some problem. If everyone were depressed like you the whole world would one human mass of gloominess and pessimism.
Practice these small tricks to win over depression.
- Think that you are destined to win.
- Do not pull your lips down in gloomy depression. Pull it up in shiny smile. You will feel good.
- Train your mind to feel optimistic. It listens to you.
- ‘This too shall pass’ should be your mantra of live. Failure never stays. It moves on and is out of your life when you keep trying.
- Be kind to yourself. Do not set unrealistic goals and feel depressed that you are incapable of achieving it.
- Be well groomed. You should like your appearance when you look in the mirror. The world judges you from the way you dress. When you are shabby your mind gets depressed and dejected.
- Mingle with positive people. Negative people embed their depressed thoughts into your mind.
- Be very humorous. Humor is the best medicine for depression. When you laugh a lot you feel light heartened and breezy. Watch comedy shows and movies.
- Be very active. As the old saying goes ‘an idle man’s mind is a devils workshop.’ If you keep idle you have all sorts of doubts about yourself.
- Develop a happy mindset. You will never feel depressed.
- Yoga and meditation can work wonders to your depression as it gives clarity to your thoughts and peace to your seething mind.
- Have a never-say-die attitude.
Never ever feel depressed. Problems are just a passing phase in your life. It will make you stronger and wiser. Any bad situation in your life rushes into the past tense. A good and better life is waiting to make your future happy. Make yourself mentally strong and feed positive thoughts in your mind. When positive thoughts dominate your mind there is no place for depression in your life.