You always want to revive love into your loveless marriage, don’t you?
But you are all at seas not knowing how to bring lost love back into your now loveless relationship.
“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” –Sarah Dessen
The love you have for each other in the initial days of your marriage is dreamlike and very exciting. You feel emotionally close to your spouse. You think that the same excitement and pleasure will persist all through your married life.
But you are disappointed when the thrill and delight you initially feel about your spouse slowly dies. Your co-existence with your spouse slides from the heavenly to the routine and the mundane.
There seems nothing new in your interaction with your spouse. Your married life becomes a boring survival of listless and monotonous co- existence. The stress of maintaining your family drives you mad.
The monotony you face in your married life makes you indifferent towards your spouse. Your indifference gradually turns into apathy for each other. Finally your apathy makes you feel all love is lost in your relationship.
Why do you feel your marriage would not retrieve to its old glory of love and excitement?
You cite many reasons for your loveless marriage.
- We have drifted so far away from each other.
- The bitter words spoken have left a scar in our relationship.
- My spouse no longer wants to spend time with me.
- We seem to have nothing in common.
Your reasons are valid and true. It is not an easy joke to make your marriage regain its enthusiasm again. It needs incredible patience, understanding and perseverance to salvage your married life from the ruins.
- It is possible.
Can your married life vibrate with renewed love and care?
- It can.
Are you wondering how?
Have you seen the embers of fire?
You think that the fire had died. You assume that only the ashes remain. But when you kindle it you are astonished to see the sparkle of fire burning brightly.
It is the same with your married life.
Look back at the reasons behind your loveless marriage!
You too have been an active participant in the destruction of your marriage. You cannot escape the blame by pinpointing your spouse to be the main reason behind your failed marriage. I am sure he\she too will have his\her own story of problems he\she faced with you.
Do you why this happens to your marriage?
Have you seen a horse pulling a cart?
It has blinders around his eyes so that he is not distracted by what is happening around him. This is the way a horse can concentrate on the path he is riding.
You too interact with your spouse like a horse with blinders.
What was right for the horse is wrong for your marriage!
- Do you feel saddened that your marriage has failed?
- Do you feel lost at the way your marriage has shaped?
- Do you want the love back in your marriage?
‘Yes, I would give anything to get back the happiness I lost in my marriage. I love him\her very much. Is it possible for us to unite after the bitterness we felt when we separated?’
Your worries are logical and reasonable. It is very difficult to rebuild a broken marriage. But it is not impossible. When both have the mindset to make your marriage work again, half the work is done.
How to revive love into your loveless marriage?
- The most important thing to do is to have a frank talk with your spouse about the mistakes both made in your marriage.
- Accept your faults and apologize for the hurt inflicted on your spouse.
- If your differences had been about financial dealings, decide how much each should contribute to the family financial commitments.
- Make a decision within yourself that you will not repeat relationship mistakes again. This is very important as the positive changes should come from within you. Unless you change inside, your marriage will face the same problems again and again.
- Accept your spouse as he\she is and never try to change him\her.
- Give each other enough spacing and freedom.
- Do not play the accusing game again.
- Be sportive.
- Be fun loving and humorous.
- Demonstrate your love openly.
- Be patient and tolerant.
- Learn the art of giving in.
- Do not bring back the old bitter memories into your revived married life.
- Let past be past and begin your married life afresh.
Do not have self-centered view about your spouse. You should empathize with your spouse to understand him\her perfectly. Do not commit the mistake of mind reading your spouse from your angle.
How is it certain couples make their marriage happy and fulfilled?
- They enjoy excellent friendship.
- They understand each other.
- They adjust to each other’s faults.’
- They have mutual respect.
- They support each other.
These are the simple tricks to bring love into your loveless marriage
The embers of your love is always waiting to be stimulated. You just have to fan it with your new understanding love for the embers to burn brightly and energetically. Never lose the essence of your married life- the happiness your loving togetherness gives.