Do you know a good vacation can relieve you of the work related tension you face from Monday to Friday?
Is it possible for you to continue working without any reprieve?
You will burn out if you do not take a break in between your tight work schedule.
A well-planned vacation can make you feel relaxed and relieved.
The hike in transportation fares and expensive accommodation make vacations a luxury for you.
Unless you plan your vacation, you will not enjoy it. There are a lot of arrangements you should make so that your stay is comfortable and pleasant. The joy of your family members when you plan the vacation and the waiting period for the date to draw near makes it all the more exciting.
Top 10 tips to make your vacation memorable – Plan it
1. Frank discussion.
- Have a frank discussion with your family about the budget of your vacation.
- Have a wide choice of places from which they can select.
- Discuss with them the pros and cons of the places you plan to visit.
- Be willing to listen to their choice.
- Never force your choice on them.
- Allow your children have their say. They will be delighted.
- Always have all the needed documents ready if you plan your vacation overseas.
- Look out for discounts. You can save money on them.
- If you are planning your vacation inside your country, you must confirm your mode of transport.
- Book your tickets well in advance so that you can start your vacation in a comfortable mindset.
3. Decide on the accommodation
- You should always choose your hotel with your budget in mind.
- Do not get carried away and stay in a high-end hotel as most of your money will be depleted in paying the hotel bills.
- There are a lot of accommodations available to suit your budget.
- But you should confirm whether the hotel is neat as a dirty and gloomy atmosphere can rob the happiness of your stay.
4. Pack the necessary dresses
- Select dresses according to the weather there.
- If it is winter time, sweaters, snow shoes, woolen shawls, blankets and caps are all essential.
- Your dress should protect you from the chilliness of winter.
- If it is summer time, casual cotton wears, broad-brimmed hats, sun glasses and sunscreen are all important.
5. Have money for shopping
- Set aside money for shopping as you will want to buy the unique things available there.
- Do not go on a very tight budget as you will not enjoy your vacation.
- Do not promise too many things for your colleagues\ friends as you will not have money for your own shopping.
- You can buy them souvenirs within your budget.
6. Inform your high officials
- Do not inform the management about your vacation at the last-minute.
- Notify them about the length of your vacation period as soon as you book your tickets so that they can make alternate arrangements to substitute your absence.
- Do not leave any pending work as it places the management in unnecessary strain.
- It will act negatively against you when you return to work.
7. Be hale and healthy
- Check your health before you start for your vacation.
- Do not forget the medicines you regularly take.
- You do not want to fall ill during your vacation, do you?
8. Pets should be taken care of.
You feel concerned about your pets when you plan your vacation, don’t you?
They are like your children. You do not want them unattended when you are away.
- Make arrangements look after your pets.
- Sometimes neighbors might help you.
- If it is not possible look for a pet care.
- There are pet friendly hotels springing up. This gives you the pleasure of taking your pet along with you.
9. Select the landmarks.
- It is very important that you visit the important landmarks of the place you are going.
- Research about it before starting your vacation.
- Make apt arrangements for it.
- You do not want to miss seeing it and rue about it when you return, do you?
10. Be on time
- Start well in advance for your journey giving room for traffic jams.
- It is always advisable to wait in the airport or railway station than start late and be stranded mid-way.
- You do not want to start your vacation in a tense mood, do you?
‘The thing I love most about going on vacation is that I get to leave behind any kind of schedule. My entire life is scheduled from morning to night, and when I’m on vacation, there is no schedule.’ – Kelly Clarkson.
You cannot work without a break and hope to give your best to your profession. When you take a vacation, you feel energized and raring to start work with a refreshed mentality. Well planned and well spent vacations are actually great stress relievers.