Marriage quotes – Can they change your married life for the better?
Marriage quotes are very inspirational and relevant even in this modern age.
But they cannot make great changes in your married life.
You read it and forget it.
But suppose you follow these beautiful marriage quotes in your married life?
It brings in many positive changes in your relationship.
Top 10 marriage quotes – Its relevance today
1. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. Mignon McLaughlin
Your married life fails because you lose interest in each other after a few years of marriage. You do not have anything to interact with your spouse. You do not make any efforts to build up your relationship.
- You let your married life drift along aimlessly.
- You never make your spouse feel loved.
A grave mistake.
When you never let go loving your spouse your married life is successful and happy.
2. To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the loving cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up. – Ogden Nash
Admitting your mistakes needs incredible mental strength. More so in marriage.
- But you never own up your mistakes.
- You act as though you are always right and play the accusing game to the full.
Never do that. This makes your spouse resent you.
Apologize when you are wrong. Don’t be preachy when your spouse is wrong. Point out his\her mistakes when his\her emotions are normal.
3. All that a husband or wife really wants is to be pitied a little, praised a little, and appreciated a little. – Oliver Goldsmith
Yes, a successful marriage needs empathy, sympathy and appreciation.
- When you never pity the problems of your spouse, he\she feels lost and lonely.
- This makes your married life loveless and boring.
A small word of appreciation makes your spouse feel he\she is worthy. Value your spouse to make a success of your marriage.
4. “The difference between an ordinary marriage and an extraordinary marriage is in giving just a little ‘extra’ every day, as often as possible, for as long as we both shall live.” – Fawn Weaver
It is very easy to make your marriage vibrate with love if only you notice each other.
- Be extra caring.
- Be extra loving.
- Be extra tolerating.
- Be extra communicating.
- Be extra forgiving.
These extras make your marriage extraordinary.
5. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” – Dave Meurer
There is no perfect couple in the whole world.
- You have to adjust and live with your imperfect spouse.
- Never make much ado about the minor faults of your spouse.
- Accept your spouse as an individual with his\her own share of mistakes.
You can now easily concentrate on building up your relationship.
6. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.”― Friedrich Nietzsche
Do you want to know the ultimate happiness in married life?
- It is the friendliness you share with your spouse.
- You cannot live a formal life with your spouse. You will suffocate.
You should be emotionally close to your spouse to point out his\her mistakes. Emotional intimacy and friendship are interlinked. Makes your married life heavenly.
7. Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.” – Simone Signoret
Happy marriage needs many tiny and intricate qualities to make it lasting and stable.
- If love is the foundation of marriage, care, tolerance, quality time together, emotional support and mutual respect are most essential ingredients.
One cannot do without the other.
8. “Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.” –Oscar Wilde
Most marriages fail due to lack of communication.
You interact with your spouse only when there is a need. This makes your relationship stilted and boring.
There are many interesting topics you can converse with your spouse.
- Hobbies, movies, film stars, sports, gardening, pets and many more topics are harmless and exciting.
- Small talk about everything under the sky with your spouse.
9. “The goal in marriage is not to think alike, but to think together.” – Robert D Dodds
You are two different individuals with different family upbringing. So it is only natural you have diversified thoughts. It is absolutely normal.
But your difference of opinion should not drive a ridge between you.
- You should have mutual discussion.
- Never feel egoistic to choose the right decision.
- It might be yours or it might your spouse’s.
10. “Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
Love is hard work. You cannot relax thinking your marriage would succeed on its own.
- You have to nurture it.
- You have to pamper it.
- You have to treasure it.
- You have to cherish it.
Day in and day out. 24\7.
Such wonderful marriage quotes, isn’t it?
Right from the heart. These marriage quotes are not life changers. But throws light into what you should do to make your married life a success.