Depressive husband makes your married life cloudy and gloomy.
You crave for rays of sunlight in the darkness that shrouds your relationship because of your depressive husband.
He shatters your dream of a happy married life, doesn’t he?
- You want your husband to love and care for you.
- You want fun.
- You want him to be a loving parent to your children.
- You want his emotional support.
- You want to cuddle up to him in warm glow of mutual love.
All very natural feelings you have as a wife.
But your dreams are shattered by your depressive husband.
He makes your married life hellish by his miserable behavior.
You do not know how to handle him, don’t you?
Your marriage is happy only if your husband has a positive and cheerful attitude towards life. Married life is full of responsibilities and commitments. You need the support of your husband more than anything else.
- You cannot shoulder all the family problems by yourself, can you?
- What if your depressive husband overlooks his duties and lives in his own gloomy world?
- Should you allow him to get away from family issues?
- Or should you fight with him and make him understand his duties?
- What should you do when your husband acts as though the world has crashed to an end?
How you wish your depressive husband forgoes his miserable attitude?
But remember you cannot pull your husband out of his depression unless he changes within himself. Sadly he will never do it. Depression breeds in the mind of your negative husband.
Are you married to depressive husband ? – Burns your married life to ashes
- He never sees the positive side of life.
- He never mingles with others.
- He is very fidgety and edgy.
- He does not have a steady mind.
- He has very low self-esteem.
- He never smiles.
- He never interacts with you with liveliness.
- His sexual drive is nil.
- He isolates himself from family problems.
- He broods and broods about everything.
- He never shares his feelings with you.
- He is suicidal prone.
- He is not mentally strong.
Rather a long list of emotionally draining issues, isn’t it?
It is a big challenge to live with a depressive husband who always sees the gloomy side of life. Your married life becomes taxing and exhausting as you have to burden all family issues without any help from your husband.
Your depressive husband make you feel dejected by his negative attitude. You literally want to shake your husband out of his depression, don’t you?
If you turn aggressive he further shrinks himself into a shell of dejection.
If you bombard him with questions he shrivels into complete non- communication.
You are justified if you yell at your depressive husband to come out of misery. But you have to be patient if you want your marriage to work.
What could be the reasons for the depressive behavior of your husband?
- His ego is shattered when he is not respected by you.
- His work related problems crush his confidence.
- He might be suffering from inferiority complex.
- He might have had an abusive childhood.
- Financial problems makes him depressive.
- When you compare him in lesser light with others your depressive husband loses his confidence.
- When you are more successful than him he feels puny before you.
- Addiction to alcohol and drugs can make your husband feel lost.
In modern marriages it is common to see couples surviving in their own world. This is the main reason why most marriages fail.
Do a little analysis about yourself!
- Is your behavior making your spouse feel less about him?
- Are you more professionally successful than him?
- Do you dominate him and act as a boss?
- Do you compare him in a lesser light with your male colleagues?
- Are you very friendly with your male colleagues?
- Do you hide your whereabouts from your husband?
UNDERSTAND YOUR DEPRESSIVE HUSBAND FROM HIS ANGLE
Abusive childhood can make your husband very depressive. If his childhood was spent under the offensive control of his abusive parents, he develops various complexities as he did not enjoy normal life like other children of his age.
When you are more successful than your husband you often play the boss of the family. This shatters his male ego. He shrivels in fear of your lashing tongue. He feels very small before your tall stature.
This might be yet another reason for his depression.
His work related stress might be tormenting him. He might be a victim of a bully or a nasty boss. He does share his work related stress with you as he fears your ridicule. Persistent failures might also make him desolate and miserable.
“Depression is the inability to construct a future.” Rollo May
When your husband is depressed there has to be a reason. Your husband also wants happiness but feels it impossible to experience it.
You have great wifely duties.
Do not reject him.
Boost up his sagging ego.
Appreciate his small success.
Give him your unconditional support.
Show him that he has your trust and love always.
Do not expect your depressive husband to change overnight. You need tons of patience. support him as he inches his way out of his depressive mentality.