Divorce – the most commonly uttered word among modern couples.
The most common scenario of modern marriages.
Sad, isn’t it?
‘Nowadays love is a matter of chance, matrimony a matter of money and divorce a matter of course. Helen Rowland
You feel divorce is the easiest way out of a relationship you dislike. You have no qualms about divorce. In fact you easily find a new partner also.
It is sad that even older couples resort to divorce making their years of togetherness meaningless.
- What happened to the love you had for each other?
- Where is the longevity of marriage?
- Why is there only rare cases of successful marriages?
- Why is divorce so prevalent today?
Answer to all these question is very simple.
You take your marriage for granted.
You are at loggerheads with your spouse for very petty reasons.
The words adjustment, tolerance and compatibility have become obsolete.
Do you think divorce can end all your problems?
Top 5 ways to avoid divorce – Needless option
1. Accept that both are individuals
Both are individuals with your own unique wishes and desires.
Marriage in no way changes it. Too much intrusion into the personal zone of your spouse makes him\her resentful. Never do that.
Allow your spouse enough space to do things his\her way.
Do not keep commenting about the way your spouse does his\her work. Your spouse hates it. He\she turns resentful against you.
Never utter words about his\her upbringing.
The individuality of your spouse revolts against it. Stop doing it.
2. Never ridicule your spouse
You think you are superior to your spouse.
You make fun of the habits of your spouse which makes him\her resentful.
You compare your spouse with others in a very lesser light. This makes his\her hackles rise in frustrated anger.
You nag your spouse about his\her way of doing things.
Wife nags while husband ridicules. Both nasty habit.
- Treat each other with respect.
- Appreciate the good points of your spouse. Appreciation brings in many positive changes in your marriage. But you never know its importance.
- Be supportive to the emotional needs of your spouse.
- Do not degrade him\her before others.
3. Never communicating
After a few years of marriage both stop communicating with each other. If at all you talk it is about some important family problems. This topic is always sensitive and confrontational. You invariably end your argument in a bitter fight.
Uneasy silence prevails in your home.
You spend your time at home doing your own thing and your spouse is occupied doing his\her own thing.
How can you enjoy your married life if you live like strangers?
- Never stop communicating.
- Forget your anger immediately.
- Never retire to bed in anger.
- Always great each other with a smile in the morning – makes it a great day.
- Appreciate the good points of your spouse.
- If at all you argue with your spouse, fight fair.
4. Give time to understand each other.
During your dating days you thought your spouse was flawless. Your spouse also thinks so.
Your love days are totally different from your married life.
Love days are carefree and fun while married life is responsible and accountable. You put your best foot forward when in love. You reveal your true colors after marriage.
This difference throws you off-balance.
You make much ado about the minor faults of your spouse.
You find the habits of your spouse infuriating.
You find him\her very dull and boring – ‘How could I have thought my spouse was interesting’.
He\she is not as loving as I thought him\her to be.
How can you completely understand your spouse after just a few years of marriage?
- Give time for your married life to settle down.
- Never take a magnifying glass to find mistakes about your spouse.
- Never try to change your spouse.
- Accept your spouse for what he\she is.
- Don’t cling on to your spouse.
- Be tolerant and adjustable.
Easy ways to avoid divorce.
5. Never allow third-party intrusion
Do you know your parents are also reason behind your divorce?
They make you prejudiced against your spouse.
They give you wrong advice and you listen to them.
They interfere into your fights and blow it out of proportion.
In fact they encourage you to divorce. ‘He\she does not deserve you. You will find a better person’ words spitting out venom against your spouse.
- Never let your parents decide your married life. They have no business to do it.
- They always see everything from your angle. So their views are very biased.
- Do not go to your parents with your relationship problems.
- Sort it out personally with your spouse. This is the easiest way to find solutions to your family problems.
Divorce might seem an easy option. But the aftermath is mostly tragic and heart breaking. Save your marriage from ending in the divorce court. You save your life from tears and remorse.