Top 5 ways to be compatible with your spouse! Are you wondering what this title is all about?
Most modern marriages lack the all-important ingredient in their relationship- compatibility.
Yes! The happiness quotient of your marriage depends on how compatible you are with your spouse.
What exactly does compatibility in your married life mean?
It is the survival kit of your relationship. It is the wonder element which makes you co-exist in peace with your spouse all through your married life.
‘Unfortunately, a marriage license doesn’t come with a job description or a set of instructions. There is definitely “some assembly required.” In fact, putting together a modern-day marriage can be likened to assembling an airplane in flight.’- Patricia Love
What happens when you are not compatible with your spouse?
- You have nothing in common with your spouse.
- Your married life turns nightmarish and hellish.
- You disagree with your spouse rather than agree with him\her.
- You revolt against your spouse rather than relent and adjust.
- You fight like guttersnipes on innocuous issues.
When there is no compatibility in your relationship you want to prove your supremacy over your spouse. He\she also joins hands in the war!
How can you hope for happiness in your married life when you war against each other?
The result is only scars of agony and anguish!
This is the marriage phenomenon we see today!
You are very rich in money but very poor in nurturing your relationship. You seek and get the best materialistic things in your life but fail miserably when it comes to tolerance, adaptability and compatibility in your marriage. You want your spouse to be what you want him\her to be. When he\she lacks qualities you expect from him\her you deem your marriage a complete failure.
What happens to your relationship when you face such a scenario in your day to day married life?
You point accusing fingers at your spouse little realizing that the fault might be yours.
Top 5 ways to be compatible with your spouse!
Compatibility just needs certain simple ingredients!
Shall we have a look at it!
1.Adjusting to the minor faults of your spouse
You must look at your relationship from the view point of your spouse and make adjustments accordingly. Your spouse need not be a Xerox copy of you. He\she is a different individual with different way of doing things.
There should be no ego between you as far as adjustments are concerned. Adjustments should never be one sided. It should always be mutual. When you learn to respect the individuality of your spouse, he\she also respects your distinctiveness.
There are many differences of opinion between you.
Do you know this is what makes marriage all the more exciting?
- You might be organized whereas your spouse is disorganized.
- You think and spend while your spouse throws away money recklessly.
- You are a health freak while your spouse likes junk food.
- You prefer branded items while your spouse does not care for it.
These are just a few of minor mal -adjustments you face in your day to day married life. You should not make a big deal out of it and mess up your relationship. When you pass derisive comments about such minor differences to your spouse, your co-existence heats up to scald your mental peace.
2. Your spouse is not a robot
Why should you expect your spouse to follow your rule to the dot?
He\she is not a robot programmed to do what you want him\her to do. Your spouse is your life partner who shares the good and bad of your life. Modern marriages struggle to retain its newness because you are always tuned to your thoughts. Any difference of opinion makes you feel you are not compatible.
You think that your wife should look after you and your family. Your male chauvinist mentality feels that your wife should listen to you. When you drastically need the financial contribution of your wife, accept her individuality also.
- Do not poke fun at her.
- Do not pass derisive comments about her.
- Don’t make her sad by your unwarranted comments about her appearance.
- You want your husband all for yourself.
- You would not share him with anyone.
- You do not allow him to spend time with his family or friends.
- You check his whereabouts and keep calling him in his work hours.
A very wrong attitude!
When you allow him his space he adores you as a wonderful wife.
These are all small adjustments you should make to make your co-existence with your spouse pulsate with love and care.
3. Be an indulgent spouse!
- Do not have a fixated idea that your spouse should do what you want him\her to do.
- You are not living in a hostel to have hardcore rules and regulations.
- You should adjust and be flexible to the faults of your spouse.
- Overlooking the minor errors of your spouse works wonders in your marriage.
Being indulgent to your life partner’s whims and wishes takes your marriage to the threshold of incredible happiness and bliss.
4. Giving in is not losing!
Is your husband in his high temperamental tantrums?
You should be a caring wife who gives in to the temporary flash of anger of your husband.
Is your wife off color on a particular day?
Do not make her feel even gloomier by passing untoward comments about her behavior. Be the caring husband and listen to her woes. Your wife is delighted to have a wonderful husband.
This mutual adjustment to the mood of your spouse makes your marriage meaningful.
5. Become an ideal match!
- Do not let your marriage slip into a boring coexistence of residing in the same house without having nothing to talk to each other.
- Do not let your marriage plummet into boredom and the mundane.
- Do not let your difference of opinion make you drift apart.
Your spouse is your better half.
- He\she sails with you in tough family times.
- He\she makes your married life easy by living with you in perfect synchronization.
- He\she holds your hand in loving support when you are down in spirits.
This ideal compatibility can be yours when you reciprocate to the loving gestures of your spouse with equal love.