What are the top reasons why couples cheat each other?
In today’s world the concept of marriage has become too modernized. You want to live your life as you wish to. You do not want to follow old traditions as you feel it is very outdated and outmoded.
Modern permissiveness has made you take your relationship very lightly. No longer is cheating considered a sin. You jump in and out of extra marital affairs with great ease.
This is pure infidelity.
Do you know that when you cheat your spouse it can destroy your marriage with the force of a volcano?
- Why do you cheat each other even if you know it will destroy your marriage?
- What makes you disloyal to your spouse?
- What happened to the love you had for each other that you dare to cheat on him\her?
- Why do you cross the line?
‘’Cheating and lying aren’t struggles; they’re reasons to break up.” – Patti Callahan Henry
Do you know that the after math of infidelity is always shame and disgrace?
Your relationship is lost! Your marriage is destroyed and wrecked forever!
You feel shameful and remorse that you had jumped into a casual affair at the cost of your marriage. Extra marital affairs are mostly physical and do not last for long. When your lust is satiated you feel you have done great injustice to your spouse and children. But the damage had already been done!
- Who is more prone to cheat?
- Is it the wife or is it the husband?
If this question was asked some twenty years ago, you would point your accusing fingers at the husband.
Man is after all a physical animal, isn’t he?
But now you cannot blindly blame a man for cheating his wife. The scenario of marriage relationship has undergone drastic changes over the years. Women now cheat as unthinkingly as men!
Very sad and tragic, isn’t it?
Emotions play a great part in your marriage. Emotional intimacy is the top reason for the success of your married life. Great emotional rapport with your spouse makes you feel completely fulfilled in your relationship.
But sadly emotional intimacy is like an orphan in modern marriages. You lose the love you have for each other very soon. You also feel deprived and lost in your marriage. You do not interact with your spouse with friendliness. A sense of aloofness enters your relationship after a few years of marriage.
You live in your world! Your spouse lives in his\her own world!
You find your relationship very boring and unhappy.
Top reasons why couples cheat each other
- Your mind craves for emotional support which you do not get from your spouse.
- You yearn for fun which your spouse does not give you.
- You long for open display of love which your spouse never gives.
- Your mind screams for intimacy which he\she denies you.
- You have too much of diversified upbringing that you cannot adjust with your spouse.
- There is no excitement in your relationship.
- You outgrow each other.
- There is total non-communication between you.
- You just do it for variety.
Certain inner cravings also make you cheat each other.
- You need appreciation in your relationship.
- You crave for open display of love from your spouse.
- You like fun and humor in your spouse.
- You want to feel protected.
- You want instant support from your spouse when you direly need it.
When these inner cravings are not fulfilled by your spouse you cheat him\her for a person who more than fulfills your need.
- He\she appreciates me which is something my spouse never does.
- He\she is total fun with whom I can just unwind myself.
- I have missed many good things in life because of my uninteresting marriage.
- He\she listens to me while my spouse turns a deaf ear.
- He\she attracts me while I have lost all interest for my spouse.
What do you do after you find such a person?
- You whisper for hours in your mobile with your new found interest.
- You gradually deviate from your spouse.
- There is no interaction between you.
- You become very secretive.
- You spend hours away from home.
- You are no longer interested in your marriage.
- Your interest is completely shifted to your new found love.
You cease to think of the social stigma your infidelity brings to your family. You forget the future of your children. You are blind to the brevity of your new relationship.
Your mind is totally focused on the freshness of the affair, the attraction of the person and the exciting physical delight you experience. Your meaningless affair has a terrible and devastating impact in your marriage.
Your marriage is now in doldrums as your family is shattered by your unthinking behavior. Just because your spouse does not behave in a way you crave for it does not mean he\she does not love you.
Do you know your spouse is shattered when he\she knows that you have been disloyal to him\her?
Loyalty towards your spouse should be unflinching and persistent.
It is very easy to give in to the demands of your flesh and dreamy expectations!
But the end product is a wrecked marriage!
Ways to avoid infidelity!
- You should accept your spouse for what he\she is.
- You should interact with your colleagues\friends\relatives of the opposite sex with dignified restraint.
- Do not have high expectations of your marriage as you are invariably disappointed.
- Disappointed expectations can make you drift away from your spouse.
- You should respect the old traditions of marriage as they never lose their value.
- You should never let boredom enter your relationship.
- You should never ever lose the love you had for each other.
Do not get caught in the web of cheating, disloyalty and infidelity. Keep the love for your spouse firm! Your faithfulness should be stable and sustained. Never forgo your marriage for a relationship which has a very short life span.