There are different types of husbands – from the best to the worst.
Mostly you have a low opinion about your husband, don’t you?
It is because you have too much expectations about him. Your expectations are invariably from your womanly point of view.
You have lots of negative thoughts about your husband.
- He is uncaring.
- He does not demonstrate his love.
- He is not responsible.
- He is too carefree.
- He does not share my household chores.
- He does not listen to me.
- He makes demeaning comments about me.
These are your most common complaints about your husband.
But he is not as bad as you think him to be. There is one very important contribution he makes in your married life.
He is the stabilizing factor of your relationship.
You are always keyed up with worries about your family. You become emotional very easily. You make the atmosphere at home charged with tension and stress. But your husband makes the situation comfortable by being humorous and entertaining.
‘Being a husband is a whole time job. That is why so many husbands fail. They cannot give their entire attention to it’. Arnold Bennett
There are interestingly different types of husbands!
Does your husband fit in any of this category?
1. The emotionally detached husband
Living with an emotionally aloof husband can be taxing and boring.
- He does not demonstrate his love.
- He does not share your problems.
- He does not support you when you direly need it.
- He does not listen to you as he is not bothered about your feelings.
- He always feels that you are making a big issue about everything.
- When your parents visit you, he remains aloof.
- You feel insulted at his total disrespect of your parents.
- When there is a financial problem in the family, he coolly keeps himself out of it and lets you handle it.
- He does not share your household chores.
- While you are slogging, he loiters around the house without a care about you.
A very difficult and emotionally draining husband indeed!
2. The ever flirting and cheating husband
Your husband thinks he is a Romeo. He makes you feel completely put off by his flirting attitude.
- His eyes does not observe you.
- He looks slyly at the beauties around him even in your presence.
- He laces his conversation with suggestive innuendoes when he talks with his female colleagues.
- His sense of humor is not for you, but for others.
- At home he is very serious and morose.
- But with other women he becomes the modern Romeo.
- Your usually glum husband has a field day with his female friends\ colleagues- laughing and joking as if he was a hero.
- His postures, his language show him as a perpetual flirt.
- He makes you anguished by having one affair after another.
- He makes you wild with anger at his infidelity.
He is a Casanova husband!
3. THE MALE CHAUVINIST HUSBAND
Your husband belongs to the old school where the man is always the master. He does not give you any freedom.
- He thinks that it is your duty to look after him and his family.
- He always wants you to listen to him.
- He wants instant obedience.
- He places himself in a pedestal and behaves as though he is the king of the family.
- He makes arbitrary financial decisions.
- You are always in the blind about his investments.
- He is very high handed in his interaction with you.
You feel terrified to voice your thoughts to him. You have to subdue your emotions and feelings so that you can tow his line.
A self-centered and egoistic one among the different types of husbands.
4. The perfect gentleman husband
Your husband is patience personified. He is very caring towards you. He lets you be yourself and your married life is placid and calm.
- You can watch TV as and when you like.
- He patiently waits for his turn for the remote.
- He does not get angry nor does he get flustered.
- He does not shout back when you lose your temperament.
- Your home is always serene and calm because of your mentally composed husband.
Are you satisfied in living with such a calm and quiet husband?
Do I hear a loud ‘no’ from you?
Your married life lacks excitement. There is no fun element in your life as everything fits into its slot.
A dull and boring one amongst the different types of husbands, isn’t he?
What then do you really seek?
I think you have to go to the fifth type of husband to know the answer.
5. The passionate and friendly husband
Your husband shows his emotions like an open book.
- He is temperamental when he is angry, but he more than makes it up by pacifying and cajoling you.
- He does not feel egoistic to ask forgiveness.
- He takes you out, buys things you want and is very indulgent.
- His sincere apology makes you forget his anger.
- He makes you feel excited by his romantic gestures.
- He always appreciates your looks and talent.
- He whistles in loving wonderment when he sees you looking pretty.
- He trusts you and shows it openly.
- He shares his inner feelings with you.
- He finds comfort in your company.
- He shows that he loves you by demonstrating it openly.
- He hugs you when he is happy.
- He puts his hands around your shoulders when you are worried.
- He likes to spend his free time with you.
- He is always protective towards you.
- He behaves chivalrously with you.
- You can talk about everything under the sky without any reservations.
- He behaves like a best friend towards you.
- There is lot of laughter at your home as he makes you laugh with his humor.
- He is worried when you are worried, happy when you are happy and pacifying when you are emotional.
In fact he is a friend, a passionate lover, a caring husband and your best well-wisher.
I am sure you crave and yearn for such a wonderful soulmate among the different types of husbands. There can be no dull moment in your marriage when your husband is passionate.
Marriage is always a gamble and you do not know whether you have an ace or a joker in your hand. Whatever type your husband might be, you must make the best out of his good characteristics.
No husband is perfect. Neither is yours. So focus your attention on the good aspects of your seemingly emotionless husband.