10 easy home remedies to remove dark circles. You want your eyes to look beautiful and sparkling don’t you? Your eyes are the most expressive part of your face. But sadly the easily affected one also. Dark circles, puffiness, crow’s feet and wrinkles make you looked aged and haggard. A major beauty concern for all women!
Causes for dark circles!
- It can be hereditary. If your parents had dark circles there are chances you too might get it.
- You spend hours before the computer which makes your eyes tired and darkened.
- Lack of moisture makes your eyes discolored and dark.
- Your hectic lifestyle and staying awake for long hours is yet another reason for dark circles.
- Smoking and alcohol are also indirect reasons for dark circles.
- You would be surprised to know that the scorching sun can also cause under eye darkness.
Raccoon eyes, as they call it, dark circles is a major beauty problem. You feel worried and apprehensive when dark circles makes you look older than you actually are. Though you cannot completely remove it, consistent care can lighten dark circles.
10 easy home remedies to remove dark circles
Potato is excellent for your eyes as it has bleaching effect. Take a potato and blend it into a smooth paste. Extract the juice and soak a pad of cotton in it. Keep the soaked cotton pad in the fridge for twenty minutes. Apply the soaked pad in your eyes when you sleep. When you do this regularly you will see considerable reduction of dark circles.
Take a teaspoon of almond oil and gently massage your eye area. The skin around your eyes become dry very easily. What happens when the soil is dry? It looks shriveled and black, doesn’t it? The same happens to your eyes. If you do not treat the dryness near your eyes you could easily develop wrinkles and dark circles. When you massage regularly with almond oil your eyes looks sparkling and glistening.
3. Green tea
Green tea has excellent properties to lighten your skin. Do not throw away the tea bags. Remove the tea leaves and boil it for a few minutes. Refrigerate it. When it is cool soak cotton into it and apply it over your eyes. Lie down in the bed for twenty minutes. Do this regularly to see good results.
Cucumber has excellent cooling effect on your tired eyes. Extract the juice of cucumber and soak cotton in it. Refrigerate the cotton pad and keep it over your eyes. You feel refreshed and it helps to reduce dark circles.
Take a bunch of mint leaves and make a thick paste out of it. Add half teaspoon of turmeric and half teaspoon of curd. Add besan powder. Blend well and apply this mask around your eyes. Wait till the pack dries and wash gently with warm water. This pack firms the skin and reduces the fine lines and darkness in your eyes.
6. Avoid alcohol
Alcohol has adverse effect in your health. Your eyes become puffy and you develop dark circles easily. Drink in moderation or avoid it completely.
7. Eight hours of relaxed sleep
When you deprive yourself of sleep you develop dark circles very easily. You must have relaxed sleep for at least eight hours. When you stay awake for long hours your eyes become tired and it reflects as dark circles.
8. Move away from the computer every now and then
When you stay glued to computer for hours you forget to blink your eyes. This makes your skin very dry. You should always blink your eyes when you are working in the computer. Get up from the place every now and then so that your eyes get some rest.
9. Hydrate yourself
Drink plenty of water. Drink fresh juices without adding sugar. Tomato and lime juice are excellent for your skin.
Sun can damage your skin in a rather nasty way. Apply sunscreen in your eyes before venturing in the scalding sun. Wear sun glasses. Always carry an umbrella with you.
More simple tricks to prevent dark circles!
- Avoid squeezing your eyes too often.
- This will rupture the blood vessels near your eyes. Since the skin near your eyes is very thin it reflects the broken blood vessels and makes it look darker.
- Blink your eyes often when you are working in the computer.
- Lie down in the bed with your head hanging down for twenty minutes. When you do this you have good blood supply to your eyes. This small exercise makes your eyes look brighter.
- Cut open a vitamin E capsule. Apply the oil inside around your eyes. An excellent solution for dark circles.
Prevention is always better than cure. You should take care of your eyes from your young age. Persistent care can make your eyes glow with brightness and brilliance.