10 healthy ways to fight diabetes will indicate the methods you should follow to deal with this disability. Diabetes can affect your life in many ways. Unless you are careful you could suffer severe health related problems.
Your initial reaction when you are diagnosed with diabetes is disbelief. ‘This cannot happen to me’ most of you never link diabetes with you as you are confirmed that you are hale and healthy.
Can diabetes be cured?
No! It can be controlled but not cured.
Why do you see such a sudden spurt of diabetes in recent times?
Why children are also affected?
A few years ago diabetes was associated with the middle aged and the old aged people. But now you see even school children struggling against this deadly disability.
Most of you never take your sugar level seriously. When your sugar level is in the border line you feel all is well with you. You are very wrong. My husband was a diabetic and he never took it seriously. He did not control his diet. It affected his kidneys and he finally passed away.
Yes, diabetes could damage your inner organs if you do not control your insulin level. Your diet can keep your sugar level under control, but you should also take medicine regularly.
It is true that diabetes is often genetic and hereditary. But bad and unhealthy lifestyle of the modern youth has made them a diabetic victim at a very young age.
What are the top reasons for diabetes among the modern youth?
- Spending hours before the computer sitting in one place
- Eating junk food
- Staying awake for long hours
- Not having enough sleep
- Stress and tension
- Sedentary life style
10 healthy ways to fight diabetes
- You should consult a dietician about the food you should regularly have and the food you should avoid. He can guide you about your daily calorie intake as it is very important you concentrate on the calories you consume. You should be very careful of the food you intake. The dietician guides you of the healthy changes you should make in your life style to keep you insulin level under control.
- You should be conscious of the food you eat. Vitamin C helps you to control diabetes. You should eat lots of food rich vitamin C. Oranges, broccoli, strawberries, apple, papaya are the fruits that help you stay healthy. Have a large bowl of boiled vegetables in your daily diet. Green salads are also good for you.
- Exercise regularly to keep your body fit and trim. Do not give lame excuses that you do not have the time to be active and agile. Time is in your control. When you have ample time to play video games, it is surprising that you do not have time for regular exercises. You need not go to the gym to exercise. Small sensible way of living helps you to maintain your health. Walk to nearby places instead of going in two wheelers or four wheelers. Walk up the stairs. Avoid going in the lift when you are in your work place. This really helps you to stay fit.
- Do not eat watching the TV as you never know how much food you are eating. Always have your food in the dining table as it is proven that that you eat a lot less when you do so. You become more conscious of the amount of food you intake when you eat in the dining table. Do not eat out with your friends as you will be tempted to eat junk food which is the number one enemy to diabetes.
- Stress and tension are dangerous enemies to diabetes. This is one of the main reason for the increased level of insulin. You should keep your mind relaxed and calm. Yoga and meditation can soothe your mind. Spend quality time with your family as it can make you feel peaceful. Listening to good music is yet another stress buster. When you are relaxed you find positive results in your sugar level.
- You should have solid eight hours sleep. The time today’s youngster’s go to sleep is alarming. You spend hours chatting with your friends. You are so glued to the social media that you never notice the time. You sleep late and get up late. This makes you skip your breakfast which makes your total body health affected. You should never skip your breakfast as it provides you the essential nutrients necessary to keep you active throughout the day.
- Avoid junk food, alcohol, caffeine and spicy food before you sleep. When you eat and sleep immediately you do not burn your calories. It is stored as fat in your body which is extremely dangerous for your insulin level.
- Check your blood pressure regularly. Diabetes and hypertension are interlinked. The doctor who treated my husband told me that blood pressure instigates diabetes and diabetes instigates blood pressure. Both are interlinked.
- Do not use sugar free tablets. Anything artificial is very bad for your health. Instead you can avoid sugar. You will get used to the taste in the long run. There is one way drink you can have daily. Add one onion, one tomato, a bunch of green leaves like spinach and some vegetables. Add salt. Add one teaspoon of cumin and pepper powder. Add one glass of water. Pressure cook for ten minutes. Extract the juice and drink daily. It is one of the best drinks as it contains minerals, vitamins and other essential nutrients to keep your body healthy.
- Have regular checkup of your feet. Wear shoes that do not bite your toes. When you have blisters, treat it immediately as it can prove to be ominous if you have diabetes.
Always lead an active life. Monitor your insulin level. Take the medicine prescribed by your physician regularly. Exercise daily. You should understand that diabetes is not a disease but a disability. Though you cannot cure it, you can control diabetes by making sensible changes in your lifestyle and food habits.