Are you married to a co working spouse?
How do you feel about it?
Do you feel bored when you spend too much time with your spouse?
Or do you enjoy the togetherness you have with your co working spouse?
Working in the same place makes you spend lots of time together. Initially it is all exciting and fun.
But as years pass by you feel a sense of staleness in your relationship. The excitement of working together fades. Reconciled boredom gradually sets in your interaction.
Does this mean working together will thrust your relationship into routineness and boredom?
Not at all.
There is always two sides of a coin, isn’t there?
Living with a co working spouse has lots of advantages.
But there are negative aspects too.
Living with a co working spouse – Pros and cons!
Top pros of marrying a co working spouse
- Both know the ups and downs of your profession in reality.
- Both clearly understand the work related stress of the other.
- You easily empathize with your spouse.
- You give moral support to your spouse as you know the work related problems he\she faces.
- You get to know each other better as you have time to spend together.
- You do not have the tension of different work timings. When your timings are the same you forgo the stress different timings thrust on you.
- You do not have commuting problems as you can travel together.
- You can discuss about your profession with your spouse as he\she knows it better.
- You give useful tips to your spouse.
- He\she also gives work related advice to you. This helps you to do better in your job.
- You return home together.
- There is more money in your kitty as you save money on commuting, food and other things.
It feels good to see the success of your spouse happening right before your eyes.
When your spouse struggles with his\her work you willingly lend him\her a helping hand.
Now for the cons of working together.
- You spend too much time together.
- In marriage relationship you need spacing. Otherwise your interaction becomes stale and sour.
- The excitement of waiting to see your spouse after returning home is lost as you see him\her day in and day out.
- Both can never have equal success. This leads to professional rivalry.
- When you see your spouse getting all the responsibilities and kudos you feel a pinch of jealousy.
- Jealousy makes your relationship strained as your ego is crushed and dashed. Ego clashes are very dangerous for your married life as hot words fly forth with the velocity of a volcano.
- Different attitude towards professional ethics make you clash with your spouse.
Are you very dedicated to your job?
Is your spouse lazy and not professional?
This creates tons of resentment in your marriage.
”We have such a good time working together. It makes such a difference going to work every day for 14 hours and being able to hang out and have a good time.” – Sarah Chalke
In reality being married to a co working spouse has more pros if you know how to balance between your profession and family. If you do so, both can complement each other.