Control freak husband is boring to live with, isn’t he?
Your individuality revolts when he orders you to do things his way. He watches over you that you feel you are under a scanner 24\7. His dominance often exceeds its limits.
What makes your husband a control freak?
- He wants to control you as he is very possessive about you.
- He feels you are a dimwit and has to be told what to do.
- He thinks he knows everything.
- He wants to show he is the master of the family.
- He controls you as he inwardly knows he cannot boss around others.
Are you married to a control freak husband ? He squeezes your individuality
- He keeps advising you to do things his way.
- He wants you to accompany him everywhere.
- He is too clinging that you feel suffocated
- He controls your earnings.
- He gives lots of dos and don’ts advice to you.
- He is too commenting about everything you do.
You feel overwhelmed by his controlling nature, don’t you?
You do not like it when your husband tries to control your life.
A child will obey you only when you give him enough freedom. Try controlling him by your dominating nature. He revolts by bawling at the top of his voice to show his anger. He want to do things his way and not your way.
So a small child too wants freedom and liberty.
You are a grown up individual with your wishes and desires. You have every right to do certain things the way you like. When there is too much advice and instructions from your control freak husband your independent nature revolts against it.
You have many arguments and fights between you making both very unhappy.
How to deal with your control freak husband?
- You should have frank discussions with him.
- Do not fight with your control freak husband about his controlling nature.
- Do not make your relationship tense and heated up by arguing with him.
- Set your boundaries so that he knows he can only control you this much and no further.
Do you know setting limits and boundaries is a must for your marriage to succeed?
When you do not set a dividing line in your relationship, it becomes boring and tedious.
Dividing line is a must to make your marriage a success.
What exactly is a dividing line.
In your inner mind you have many personal wishes and interests. Your marriage in no way changes it. It lies dormant in you. Your wishes need not be the same as that of your control freak husband. Your wishes might seem silly to him.
- But it is close to your heart.
- It is your personal world.
- It is your territory.
- You hate it when anyone intrudes into it.
Your individuality is your dividing line.
Why do you think certain couples enjoy their married life?
They set limits in their relationship. They enjoy beautiful spacing. Both never intrude into the private wishes of the other.
Your control freak husband never knows his boundary line. He literally takes over your life that you feel completely jailed. You feel resentful and unhappy about his interference. You control your anger as you do not want to make your married life stressful.
But unknown to you it has a negative snowballing effect in your married life. Your denied wishes leaves residues and sediments of concealed anger in your mind.
What happens when the sediments of resentment keep building up in your mind?
One day you burst out in venomous anger which takes your control freak husband completely off balance.
What should you do if you are married to a control freak husband?
- Have a frank discussion with him.
- Say a firm no when he forces you to do what you do not like.
- Insist you need the freedom of doing certain things the way you like.
- Tell him you need some me time to be just yourself.
- Make it known that you do not like it when your individuality is crushed by his dominance.
- Be very responsible and assertive to make your control freak husband understand your capacity.
Does this mean you should be in logger heads with your control freak husband?
Marriage is a beautiful bond only when you live it properly. You cannot dictate your husband and he cannot dictate you. Never breathe down each other’s neck. Your control freak husband should just take a step back to let in fresh air of freedom into your life. You love him for it.