Old age is a fast approaching phase in your life. And it is also the phase you fear most.
- You are worried about your health.
- Your days stretch on in loneliness.
- Your financial future makes you apprehensive and terrified.
- You feel unloved and uncared as your children are no longer with you.
Do you know your old age is the most relaxed phase in your life?
Of course provided you plan your old age from your young age.
Old age! Top 5 ways to handle it! Be concentrated on yourself!
1. BE SELFISH IN MONEY MATTERS.
‘I should have never given my retirement money to my son’ my friend told me.
‘Why did you give your money to your son? Didn’t you know you need money for your old age?’ I felt sorry for her.
‘My son literally begged me for money to complete the house he was building. He promised to repay me. He has finished his house. When I asked my money back, he is saying he is knee deep in debt and I have to wait. He does not help me financially also. How am I going to survive my old age without money?’ lamented my friend.
I could only feel sorry for her.
Are you like my friend?
Never ever commit this blunder. Your financial position will be in shambles. Your self-esteem will be crushed. Your self-respect is shattered when you do not have money.
- You should plan your old age when you are young.
- You should save money for your old age.
- A home of your own is a must as it gives you immense secured feeling when you have a roof of your own.
- Be very selfish in money matters in your old age.
You must have money for your survival. Don’t depend on your children for your expenditure. They have their own problems. They have no time to think of you. This is the harsh reality of modern times.
2. DO NOT FEEL AGED
Do you feel you are aged?
This make you lose interest in your life. Of course you cannot have the agility of your youth. But you can still enjoy life. You are free from work related stress. Your duties as a parent is long over. You at last have time for yourself.
Learn something new. It will make your life interesting and keep you occupied.
Do you know I learned the basics about computer when I was in my fifties?
It has opened a new exciting world to me. I do not feel bored at all. Writing is my passion. I write articles for my blog. I go for regular walks. I like interacting with people. I now spend money for myself as my only daughter is married. I never feel lonely as I am always occupied.
Age is just statistics. When you think that you are aged, you will definitely feel lethargic and reconciled to your old age.
3. BE WELL-GROOMED
Do you feel being well- groomed is for youngsters?
You are wrong.
Looking good is very essential to make you feel good.
- You should dress according to your age. It gives you elegance and dignity.
- Too much accessories is a big no.
- Do not be gaudy but classic.
You have the magnificence which the youth do not have. Take care of your skin. Make your hair shine. Be well shod.
Being well groomed is not the prerogative of the youth, is it?
4. BE VERY HEALTH CONSCIOUS
You should very health conscious as you age. Unless you are healthy you cannot enjoy your old age.
- You should have regular health check ups
- You should eat lots of fruits and green vegetables.
- Avoid junk food at any cost.
- Do not eat out often.
- Use very less oil
- Walk at least for 1\2 hour.
When you are active you feel agile and supple even in your old age.
5. BE VERY SELF-CONFIDENT
Don’t ever lose your self-confidence. It is the pillar which holds your old age with strength and energy.
- Do not have low self-esteem.
- Be very curious and enthusiastic about life.
- Visit places you want to see.
- Do not be glued to TV as if it is your only source of entertainment.
- You should do your own work.
- Meet people- makes your old age very absorbing.
- Do not have a glum face- most old age people never smile
Old age is an approaching process for everyone. You cannot escape it. Hold your head high in pride. You have done your duties as a parent with dedication and grit. You are now in the driver’s seat to lead your life as you want to. No fettering duties to be fulfilled. Live your old age to the full.