Most of you fear marriage.
Why is it so?
To you marriage means responsibility and commitment. You are terrified your carefree life will end forever. You fear marriage would fetter you.
‘How can I enjoy myself when my spouse intrudes into my freedom in many ways?’
Are you a man?
Here are your fears.
- Marriage gives my wife rights to question me.
- I can no longer enjoy my bachelor’s freedom.
- She will nag me about everything I do.
- She will compare me in lesser light with others.
- She will question my whereabouts.
- She will come in between my friends.
- She will leech off my money.
Dear me! You indeed fear marriage.
Are you a woman?
Your list of fears.
- My husband will dominate me.
- I have to be slavish to his demands.
- He will never be loyal to me.
- He will laze around while I have to slog it out.
Well, you too fear marriage.
Though your sexual attraction towards the opposite sex still exists you do not want to marry.
What do you do now?
You opt for the live-in relationship. There is no hurdles in such relationship. There is no responsibility towards each other. You can always end your relationship if you feel you are not compatible.
Totally hassle free, isn’t it?
This is the permissiveness of modernity. When you have live-in relationship there is no real bond between you. There is no legality which only marriage could give you. You don’t really belong to each other. Even a small fight can separate you as there is no real commitment.
Not exactly a worthy relationship, is it?
Why do people fear marriage? No need for it
Marriage gives you real purpose in life. It is a sacred bondage of two people from diversified family background uniting to spend the rest of their lives together.
You ardently wish to marry the person you love. But when you decide to marry you have all sorts of fear.
Actually most of you fear marriage because of its finality. It is forever. ‘Till death do part us part’ sort of a thing.
- ‘Suppose I don’t have compatibility with my spouse, I cannot do anything as I am tied up in a legal bond.’
- ‘How can I live with the same person all through my life?’
- I see most of the marriages of my friends\relatives\colleagues failing. There is no guarantee that mine will survive.
- Suppose I fall out of love with my spouse.
- I have to spend thousands of dollars in alimony if my marriage fails. An end to my financial stability.
Foolish fears. Don’t fear marriage.
When you are young you think marriage as a burden. You feel you are more than capable of looking after yourself.
But this feeling disappears as you age. You now yearn for companionship. You want a warm shoulder to lean on. You want sharing of your inner feelings.
Who can give such emotional well-being to you except your spouse?
Marriage responsibilities should make you happy and not afraid.
You are being responsible only for your own family, aren’t you?
Not for some third-party.
Of course you face many relationship problems. There is no problem free life for anyone.
In fact you face many problems in your profession.
But this does not deter you from going to work.
Do you know overcoming problems together brings you even closer to each other?
You will never fear marriage if you realize the emotional support you get from your spouse.
Do you think without marriage you can enjoy life?
You feel lonely, unwanted and not a soul to support you. So overcome your fear of marriage. It makes you mature and mellow. Your love for each other thrives when you lean on each other.