What exactly is seven year itch in married life everyone is talking about?
Does it mean that your marriage will face problems after seven years?
You are wrong!
Seven is just a mathematical number. You can have relationship problems anytime in your married life- in fact within a week also.
Seven year itch in married life! Its true meaning!
What then is this seven year’s itch?
How does it affect your married life?
Your frenzied love for each other does not last for long. Your honeymoon days soon ends.
You now enter into the harsh reality of your marriage. And the reality is very shocking. You are exposed to the true image of your spouse. An image that is not quite to your liking!
In the initial years of your marriage you have nothing much to complain about your spouse.
- Everything about him\her excites you.
- You easily forgive him\her for his\her mistakes.
- You overlook his\her filthy habits.
- You easily make up after your arguments.
Why is your relationship still vibrant and enthusiastic in the beginning stages of your marriage?
Your love has not lost its sheen. You have not outgrown each other.
During your love days you see the best side of your spouse. Meeting in restaurants, malls and cinema halls is entirely different from living in the same roof. You see each other day in and day out. You do the same work 24\7. There is nothing new in your relationship. Everything about your married life soon becomes stale and dull.
What happens when you see an interesting movie?
You watch it with fascination. You do not find any faults in the acting, direction and screen play. You feel the movie is fantastic.
Your love days and honeymoon days are like an interesting movie.
You cannot have enough of it.
But watch the movie again and again. You see lots of flaws. The acting in not that perfect. The screen play which you raved about has lots of holes in it. The direction is not up to the mark.
Why this change of opinion about the movie which you had earlier stamped as very interesting and enthralling?
It is because when you watch the movie again and again your mind loses its focus on its good points. You watch it with the deliberate intention of finding directorial and acting flaws. You find many. You now think that the movie is not great after all.
This is what happens in your married life.
- As years pass by you become too used to your spouse.
- You find him\her lackluster.
- You feel your marriage is boring and very ordinary.
- You shred your spouse of his\her good points.
- Your mind focuses on his\her negative points.
You wonder why you thought your spouse to be the Mr.\Ms. Right for you.
Like regretting the brand of TV\mobile phones\laptops you had eagerly bought, you regret marrying your spouse.
Why does your wife have seven year’s itch?
- She finds you bone lazy.
- She is angered by your filthy habit of strewing things around.
- She is wild that you do not help her in household chores.
- She resents when you make scathing comments about her appearance- she yells back that you are potbellied.
- She hates it when spend more time with your friends.
- She craves for your appreciation which you never do.
- She feels unloved when you use her to satisfy your physical urge- nothing loving about it.
So your wife now begins to nag you about your drawbacks. You would not have it. You shut her mentally away from you.
This is the reason why you become mum and silent after a few years of marriage.
Call it a man’s seven year itch!
Why does your husband have seven year itch?
- He feels you look grubby and shabby.
- He resents that you cook him indifferent meals.
- He complains you spends hours in the mobile talking with your friends.
- He is angered when you persistently compare him with your friends\colleagues.
It is a woman’s seven year’s itch.
Can you see it is the years of boredom that wrecks your marriage?
Seven year itch is just a mathematical calculation. The itch to have a happy marriage starts from the day you get married. The expectation grows as years go by. It never diminishes.
But you shed off your assumed goodness to show your true negative self and destroy your marriage.
Never make seven year’s itch become a permanent separation. Adjust and tolerate your spouse to convert the seven year’s itch to everlasting years of happy marriage.