Anger quotes delivers the message about the wastefulness of displaying your temper.
But you find it very difficult to hold back hot words when people hurt you, don’t you?
But has anger ever made you happy?
The aftermath of anger is always remorse, regret and shame.
These anger quotes have a clear-cut message – Anger destroys.
Top 10 anger quotes – Shows how anger destroys you
1. For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Anger makes you an unhappy person.
Why do you feel angry?
You expect everything to happen according to your wish. When that does not happen you feel frustrated. You vent your frustration by bursting forth in vicious anger.
But in retrospect you feel you should not have displayed your temper so violently. You are sorry you did not hold back your anger.
One of excellent anger quotes, isn’t it?
2. Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.”– Ambrose Bierce
Never speak when you are angry. Anger makes you lose your reasoning. You utter words you never would have done if you are in your normal mood.
Speaking when your anger is livid makes your words venomous and very hurting to others. You feel sorry to have uttered angry words which you would otherwise would not have.
3. It is wise to direct your anger towards problems — not people; to focus your energies on answers — not excuses.” – William Arthur ward
You often direct your anger against people. It is very unnecessary and unneeded. You gain nothing from it except enemies.
Do not waste your energy in showing your anger at people.
People do not make you angry. It is your problems which makes you lose your temper.
Think why certain problems are making you angry. Find solutions for it. You can easily forgo anger.
4. “Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.”– Gautama Buddha
Anger is indeed like poison – slow poison at that. It slowly kills your mental peace and happiness. It wins you many enemies.
You are isolated by others as a highly temperamental person. When you are angry at people they deviate from you. You are the sufferer. You never gain nothing by your anger. In fact you die inside by your own anger.
5. People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing – Will Rogers
When you are angry you do never know what is right and wrong. Your mind is all muddled up with fury.
You make all sort of impulsive decisions – mostly wrong. You whole intention is to display your anger. Finally you end up doing things that hurt you.
6. Never do anything when you are in a temper, for you will do everything wrong. Baltasar Gracian
When your emotions are raw your problems, feelings and emotions assumes a monumental proportion.
Let your anger subside and then think whether your anger is worth your time.
It often isn’t.
7. He who angers you conquers you. Elizabeth Kenny
Actually your anger is a victory to the person against whom your wrath is directed. He loses nothing, but you lose everything.
Is the person so indispensable in your life that you hurt yourself by being angry?
Anger hurts you.
8. The world needs anger. The world often continues to allow evil because it isn’t angry enough. Bede Jarrett
In Tamil there is a saying – Practice anger.
Can you keep silent when something wrong is happening before your eyes?
Do you know why terrorism flourishes in this world?
It is because of the fear of people.
When there is a need you should display anger – to prevent the bad and not to satisfy your vengeance.
9. The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present. Barbara de Angelis
Why should it have happened to me?
A question most of us ask.
You are bitter about your past. You are furious against people who made your life a hell.
In the process you forget that along with your past the people who hurt you has also disappeared into the past tense.
Live for the present. It has beautiful moments. Enjoy it.
10. If you kick a stone in anger you will hurt your foot – Korean
Your anger hurts no one except yourself. You have many more useful work to do than to spit forth your anger. Leave your anger behind you. It is not worth it.
Can you see how these wonderful anger quotes showcases how your temper destroys your mental peace?
Anger is a beautiful emotion only if it is within its limits. But most of you never know the trick to control your temper. When not controlled anger becomes a boomerang to finally attack you.