Common relationship mistakes – What exactly are they?
- Mistakes which makes you drift away from your spouse.
- Mistakes which you could easily avoid.
Common relationship mistakes make your marriage plunge into unhappiness. It makes devastating inroads of destruction into your married life.
Top 5 common relationship mistakes – Easily avoidable
1. Being silent when you should talk
You are silent when you should be talking with your spouse.
What do you do when you see your spouse looking off-color?
You disregard it and go about your work as you do not want to get entangled in unwanted arguments. You fail to understand that your spouse yearns for some kind words from you.
Why do you not console your spouse?
You do not care enough about him\her! This is the blunt truth! If you truly care for your spouse you cannot ignore him\her with such cold-hearted indifference.
This is not the way to react to your spouse.
- Talk to your spouse about his\her problems.
- Listen carefully to what he\she says.
- Make your spouse feel your unconditional support.
- Make him\her feel that you will always protect him\her.
- Do not alienate yourself from your spouse by behaving in an unsympathetic way.
Your display of concern and care strengthens your marriage.
2. Looking through your spouse, instead of noticing him\her
Looking through your spouse is yet another common relationship mistakes you make.
- When your spouse looks his\her best you completely overlook it. You never compliment him\her.
- When your spouse gets promotion you are happy for the monetary benefits it gives you. But totally ignore the his\her hard work behind it.
- Appreciate your spouse for his\her brilliance.
- Convey how proud you are for his\her success.
- A warm hug and a surprise gift will make everything very special.
Do you know appreciating the good aspects of your spouse improves your married life?
3. Disrespect when there should be respect
Do you use abusive language when you argue with your spouse?
Using abusive words is yet another common relationship mistakes you commit.
- You say words that inflict tremendous hurt in the mind of your spouse without thinking.
- Ridiculing the appearance of your spouse can make her\him completely turned off against you.
- Making unwarranted comments about the family of your spouse make him\her resentful.
Understand that your spouse is an individual and deserves respect from you.
You want your spouse to respect you, don’t you?
Why do you forget that he\she too will expect the same from you?
4. Distrusting when you should be trusting
Suspicion can destroy your marriage. Trusting each other is an absolute must for a good married life. You should not have any qualms about your spouse when he\she is not within your eye sight. You should trust that your spouse will never betray you.
- Checking her\his mobile calls and messages instills a sense of uncertainty in your marriage.
- Verifying with his\her friends about his\her activities is yet another common relationship mistakes.
- Asking probing and suspicious questions when your spouse is late from work makes your interaction bitter and hostile.
Can you live peacefully if you think your spouse is elsewhere when he\she tells you that he\she is going for work?
You will die inside if you do so. Being suspicious and creating ugly scenes are definite signs of unhealthy marriage. Suspicion makes you drift too far apart that it becomes impossible to salvage your marriage.
5. Comparing your spouse with others when you should be encouraging
Comparing your spouse with others is also another common relationship mistake.
Who makes this callous mistake of comparing?
Is it the husband or the wife?
Both make these unwanted mistakes deliberately.
- Your husband compares you with his more beautiful female colleagues.
- He passes scathing remarks that you are no match to them. You become wild with anger at his audacity.
- Your wife nags you that you are no good compared to your more successful colleagues\relatives. You are furious.
- You fume inside in shattered ego that your wife does not value your capacity.
You should never bruise his\her ego deeply by your unthinking and callous words.
Why do you make such common relationship mistakes when you can easily avoid it?
The damage such mistakes do to your married life is enormous and irrevocable. It destroys your happiness, peace and metal stability. Everything has a dividing line. More so in your married life.