The emotional effects of divorce destroys your happiness in many ways.
‘I do not know why modern couples divorce for silly reasons’ my eighty year old mother told me.
‘Very true! Couples nowadays take their married life very casually. It is indeed sad’ I totally agreed to her.
We were discussing about my cousin who married the girl he loved after a long struggle with his parents. But his marriage didn’t last long. His wife divorced him citing complete incompatibility between them.
How did the love they had for each other disappear so easily?
‘Modern youth never realize that marriage is a lifelong commitment. They do not try to make their relationship work. They just let go their marriage when there are relationship problems between them. They easily opt for divorce. Marriage is not like an unwanted dress to be thrown away that easily.’ She added with a tinge of anger.
She was right on target.
You divorce very easily and repent with anguish. You never realize the emotional effects of your divorce.
‘I think that the divorce rate’s over 50% for a reason. I don’t think people are taking enough time now to really see if they can make it work and live together.’ Channing Tatum
The emotional effects of divorce in your children is alarming.
- When you divorce you throw the lives of your children into utter confusion and chaos.
- Your poor children suffer for no fault of theirs.
- They are confused why they have to live with a single parent.
- Nothing gives your children more happiness and emotional security than living with you and your spouse.
When your emotions are persistently battered and shattered by your spouse you feel emotionally drained. Physical and verbal abuse makes your married life ugly and worthless. Immature and irresponsible spouse makes your relationship oppressed and depressed. You just want freedom from the mental trauma you are undergoing.
- Is divorce the answer to all these problems in your marriage?
- Do you think you will be happier when you divorce your spouse?
- Do you feel you can find a better person than your spouse after your divorce?
Strangely you face many emotional effects of your divorce in many phases of your life.
Top emotional effects of divorce – pricks you like 1000 pins
- Divorce makes you feel amputated.
- It takes days of anguish and agony to recover from the finality of divorce.
- Your financial position is in shambles when you become the single parent.
- You suffer from guilt whether you have done intense wrong to your children.
- You wallow in self-pity as to why this has to happen to your marriage.
In one corner of your mind you feel you should have made your first marriage work, don’t you? Your mind rewinds the reasons you divorced your spouse.
- Your spouse did not show his\her love.
- He\she did not share your responsibilities.
- He\she was always glued to the TV\mobile.
- He\she was addicted to the social media.
- He\she always disagreed with you.
- He\she did not spend quality time with you.
- He\she was not earning enough for the family.
- He\she was not committed to the family.
Did you cite these problems to divorce your spouse?
How wrong you were!
These are all human errors.
It can never be reasons for divorce. You had made the worst blunder of your life.
Your remarriage is yet another ordeal for your children.
They have to accept some new person as their father\mother.
Their tender mind revolts against it. The life of your children is destroyed forever. They become mentally disturbed and develop various complexities in the future. Inwards they curse you and your spouse for making their life torturous and agonizing.
Is your second marriage perfect and smooth sailing?
- Your second marriage is also not perfect.
- It also has problems.
- You have to make adjustments with your new spouse.
- You have to tolerate the same drawbacks you faced in your first marriage.
- He\she is indifferent to your children. After all your children are not his\hers, are they?
- Your mind aches to see the secondhand treatment meted out to your children.
Such emotional effects of divorce makes you feel helpless with frustration, depression and dejection.
Married life is a serious commitment. Give your best to it. Never backtrack from your responsibilities. Unless you have real valid reasons for divorce, make your marriage work. In long term you feel you have done the right thing in saving your marriage.