You want to have a great marriage, don’t you?
There are simple tricks to enjoy a happy relationship!
Married life has become highly complicated in this modern world. You do not compete with one another to show your love. But you vie with each other to show your hatred.
What is the net result of this unwanted tug of war?
You lose happiness and interest in your married life. In fact you struggle to save your marriage as your relationship becomes very complicated and complex by your uncaring attitude.
The reasons for this stalemate are very simple!
- There is no input of love and care by both.
- You do not rectify the silly mistakes that hurt your relationship.
- You assume that your relationship will work by itself.
- You do not spend quality time together.
- You see everything from your viewpoint.
- You do not demonstrate your love openly.
It needs immense patience and incredible understanding to make your marriage a success.
Have you ever tried to look at your family issues from the viewpoint of your spouse?
It is because your relationship lacks empathy. Unless you empathize with your spouse you can never really understand what he\she expects from you. This empathy is the gateway to a happy and perfect marriage.
What are the common mistakes you commit to make your marriage a disaster?
- You take each other for granted.
- You think your duty is to work for the betterment of the family.
- You feel it is enough if you co-exist as a family.
- You have unrealistic expectations.
- There is no appreciation.
Can you see how silly your relationship mistakes are?
But the repercussions of these mistakes are very disastrous and tragic.
‘’Only with time do we really learn who the other person is and come to love the person for him- or herself and not just for the feelings and experiences they give us.” – Timothy Keller
Then how to make your marriage great?
Top secrets to a great marriage! Simple tricks!
- You and your spouse should co-exist together in love.
- You should care for each other.
- You should support your spouse when he\she needs your emotional back up.
- You should tolerate the drawbacks of one another.
- You should be protective towards your spouse.
Does your marriage have such qualities?
Then your marriage can be defined as a good marriage.
But your married life needs an extra quality which can make your relationship near perfect!
It is the simplest secret that gives incredible happiness in your marriage journey.
Treat your spouse like a child!
Do you know what a child needs from you?
He needs your love and care. You more than give it to him. But he will not feel your love if you just feed him and take external care of him.
He needs something more to feel loved by you.
He wants your cuddling – it makes him feel protected.
He wants you to kiss him with tender love – this show of affection makes him feel loved.
He craves for endearing words- it makes him feel cherished.
Your spouse is also like a child!
You and your spouse never outgrow the need to be shown that you mean the world to each other. You want to be pampered. You want your spouse to be indulgent. You want to feel the love of your spouse through his\her responses towards you.
Make your spouse feel loved and cared.
You think that your spouse should realize your love without you showing it.
‘Love not demonstrated is not love at all’ my husband used to tell me. I did not have to play a guessing game whether he loved me or not till the day he lived. He showed openly how much I meant to him. I now realize how much inner happiness he gave me when he demonstrated his selfless love to me and my daughter.
Yes! Love not demonstrated is not love!
‘How do I demonstrate my love to my spouse?’ He\she should know I care and love him\her. It feels rather artificial to keep saying ‘I love you’ after so many years of marriage’ you might argue.
Why did you not feel unnatural to be demonstrative of your love during your dating days?
It was the excited anticipation and highly imaginative dreams you had about your marriage that made you show your love openly.
But after marriage your spouse becomes all yours. You get used to being with him\her. He\she is around you most of the time. This makes you lose the newness and freshness of your love very soon. The interest in your marriage is gone!
You love becomes hidden from your spouse. He\she become a nervous wreck thinking that you no longer love him\her. This is what makes your relationship highly confrontational and quarrelsome.
Making your spouse feel your love is the magic part in marriage.
Shall we see how?
• Is your spouse looking worried?
The words ‘Is there something wrong, honey’ does the magic. The care in your eyes draws your spouse towards you.
Your support weaves the magic of tightened love in your married life.
• Does your spouse look good?
Do not let it go unnoticed. ‘You look wonderful, darling’. These simple words makes your spouse want to look always presentable before you.
• Does your spouse support you unconditionally in your times of need?
‘I do not know what I would do without you, sweetheart’ is yet another way to have his\her continued support.
• Is your spouse sick?
Never think that your duty ends by just getting him\her medicines. Your care should show in your eyes. Your sincere worry is connected to her\him when you inquire about her\his health with real anxiety.
Top qualities of happy and perfect marriage
- You must be cherished by your spouse
- You must feel wanted by your spouse.
- Your spouse should never let you play the love guessing game- he\she loves me- he\she loves me not.
- The love you have for each other should be openly displayed.
- Small physical gestures of love and care should be embedded in your day to day interaction.
Do not keep the love for your spouse buried inside you. Bring it to the full view of your spouse. Open display of love makes your marriage change from the ordinary to the extra ordinary- from the happy to the blissful- from the so-so to the near perfect.