Most of you feel angry at the back talk by your child, don’t you?
It makes you furious when your child never listens to your reasoning and keeps arguing with you. You often break your head about how to deal with the back talk of your child.
You cannot wholly blame your child for back talking with you.
Are you too strict a parent?
Do you want your child to obey your orders to the dot?
Do you not allow your child the freedom to talk about what he needs from you?
Most of you commit this grave parental mistakes never knowing its negative impact on your child.
When your child is time and again restricted by you he withdraws from you. His emotions are crushed by your strict behavior. His suppressed anger makes him back talk with you.
Whatever might be the reason his back talk should be nipped in the bud. Otherwise he will grow up as a spoiled brat.
Back talk by your child is the result of your bad parenting
1.Look at the root cause
First analyze yourself as a parent. Be ruthless in defining your parental mistakes.
When you do not know the art of bringing up your child with proper values you cannot expect him to be disciplined and well-behaved.
- Do you fight with your spouse right in front of your child?
- This makes him very confused and muddled up. He feels why you are demanding respect from him when you cannot respect your husband\wife.
Be a role model to your child.
2. Do not argue back
If you argue back when your child back talks with you he relishes the thought that he has provoked you. Be very calm and maintain dignified distance. Tell him that you will not accept his behavior.
- Do not try to ask the reasons for his misbehavior as it will lead to a lengthy argument.
- Do not try to prove him wrong.
- Do not try to negotiate.
- Don’t force him to apologize.
- His self-respect is crushed.
Just make him realize that you would never tolerate such back talk from him.
3. Give him your time and care
This is a common blunder you keep repeating again and again. You never give your child your quality time.
I am not implying you do not love your child. Of course you love him. You work yourself threadbare for his betterment. You buy him costly things which is the envy of many of his friends.
But you never spend quality time with him. Costly things can never replace your fun time with him.
- Enquire about his day in school.
- Share you day in work place with him. This makes him feel proud that you have taken him into confidence.
- Play with him.
- Allow him to talk about anything. He might say wrong things. You can easily correct him when you are friendly with him.
4. Never be too pampering
Are you instant in bowing to his demands?
Do you think you are being affectionate and caring when you do so?
- You are doing great injustice to him.
- When you are too pampering to all his needs he grows up without knowing what life is all about. The world is not going to pamper him.
When you buy him whatever he asks the slightest denial from you makes him back talk with you.
5. Never be too strict either
When he cannot unwind at home he has no other place to be himself.
- Give him freedom and liberty to be mischievous.
- His home should be a place where he can enjoy himself. Never convert it into a school where he should do everything according to rules.
Being too strict makes your child feel oppressed at home. He lets of his steam by giving you tit for tat. Being too pampering makes him feel he has the liberty to cross his line. He takes advantage of your unneccessary leniency. Can you see how back talk of your child is actually the result of your negligent parenting?