Why do people get married in spite of the spurt of divorces in today’s modern world?
It is because marriage is the only bond which gives you emotional security. This bond gives you the crutch to lean on when you are thrown off balance by the plethora of problems you face in your life. It is your lifeline when you are in desperate need for unconditional support.
How does marriage give your emotional security?
- Your love for each other unites you in a bond that lasts a lifetime.
- You face many ups and downs in your life with the support of your spouse.
- You become committed to fulfill your responsibilities towards your family.
- Though you are from diversified family background you unite to form a family which you can call your own.
Why do people get married?
When you enter adulthood you are attracted to the opposite sex. A very natural feeling isn’t it?
This sexual attraction becomes love when you understand each other. Your intense love for each other gives you the craving to stay together. You yearn to legalize your bond by marrying the person you ardently love.
- Your marriage provides you companionship.
- It evolves you into a mature person.
- You have someone to lean on in times of depression.
- You adore the sense of belonging your marriage gives you.
- You have children and branch out as a family.
You cannot live in this world without loving companionship. You definitely want someone to care for you.
- If it is only care you want, your parents care for you, don’t they?
- Don’t they share your emotions and problems?
Then why do you want to have a family of your own?
Of course parents are your pillar of strength. Parental love does make you feel emotionally secure. But you outgrow the need to cling to your parents as you grow up. The love for your parents remains the same, but your mind seeks a relationship that gives you something more- a sense of belonging love!
This the topmost reason why you marry.
After marriage you have children. When you have children you become more responsible and committed. Since your children are from you, you feel they belong to you. So you are protective towards them. You live for them. You make many sacrifices for their betterment.
You work for the financial security of your children and they become your world. Your children cling to you for emotional support when they are kids. You too were like this to your parents, weren’t you?
When they enter adulthood they want to have a life of their own. They move away from you. They marry and have children.
This is the marriage chain!
This bonding will go on and on till this world exists.
In spite of the spurt of divorces, people marry and will continue to marry till this world exists. The world will not evolve if man and woman stay alone.
There will be no families and no relationships. When there are no relationships, there is no love. When there is no love, there is nothing in this world worth living for.
This family circle is a must for this world to exist.
- Marriage gives acknowledgment and legality to your relationship.
- It legalizes your bond.
- It makes you committed and accountable.
Look back at your life before marriage!
- You had no responsibilities.
- You lived for yourself.
- Your life was aimless and listless.
Can you continue living such life of irresponsibility?
It is your marriage that gives aim to your life
Marriage gives you the right target and direction for success in life. You become accountable. You face life with an aspiration to make your family happy. Minor misunderstandings might crop up between you, but it in no way takes away the credit of the institute of marriage.
‘All married couples should learn the art of battle as they should learn the art of making love. Good battle is objective and honest- never vicious and cruel. Good battle is healthy and constructive, and brings to a marriage the principle of equal partnership’. – Ann Landers
Sincere and loving contribution from both is a must to make your marriage work. The sanctity of marriage can never become outdated.
- You need a caring shoulder to lean on in times of your distress.
- You need the warm glow of love in your life.
- You need someone to hold you when you face failures in life.
- You need supportive hands to pull you out of your rut of distress.
How will your emotional cravings be fulfilled?
Your marriage brings in a person who lives for you. He\she to makes your life meaningful and worthy.
This person who shares your life is your spouse! It is he\she holds who your hands in intense love throughout your life journey. This is the true reason why you marry!