Are you wondering what really complicate your life?
Are you taken aback?
Yes! Knowingly or unknowingly you complicate your life by carrying extra luggage of emotions with you.
Do you know when you complicate your life you destroy your mental peace and happiness?
In actual fact you want your life to be free from any complications. But the way you live your life makes it very complicated and problematic.
Do you blame your ill luck for the complications in your life?
Your ill luck has nothing to do with it. Your life too can be easy.
‘Life is really simple, but we insist in making it complicated’- Confucius
Top 6 things that really complicate your life! Simplify it!
1. NEVER HAVE GREAT EXPECTATIONS
Great expectations lead to great disappointments. You feel cheated when your expectations are not met. True to life it is not often met. You should not expect everything to happen according to your wish.
- At work place you expect your colleagues to behave amiably with you.
- You want your boss to appreciate your work.
- When this does not happen, you are downcast and disheartened with your work.
In family life also you have unrealistic expectations.
- You want your children to be your Xerox copy- It never happens.
- You want them to obey your commands – They are very independent.
- You want to decide their life – They want to live their life according to their wish.
Your relationship with your spouse is often complicated and confrontational.
- You feel the fervent love of your dating days would continue forever – Your marriage soon loses its newness.
- You think your married life would be carefree and fun – It is full of responsibilities and commitments.
Less expectation is always better. No expectations is even better as it makes your life easier to live as you do not complicate your life.
2. COMPARISON KILLS YOUR HAPPINESS.
Comparison is the topmost aspect that can complicate your life.
Do you want to see how you compare your life with others?
- Have your colleague\friend\relative bought a big car?
- You immediately compare their big car with the smaller one you have. You feel let down and unhappy that your car is not as big and luxurious as theirs.
- The happiness you felt when you bought your car just a few months ago ends then and there.
- You compare your home with others.
- You compare your spouse with others.
- You compare your children with that of your friends\relatives.
The list seems endless. When you compare yourself with others you lose sight of the good things you have in your life. Such comparisons ruin your happiness as you feel very wanting and very lacking.
Satisfaction is the key to your happiness!
3. JEALOUSY DOES NOT IN HELP YOU IN ANY WAY.
Jealousy can cause intense mental torture and agony in you. It can complicate your life in a very negative way.
Why should you feel jealous of anybody?
- When you are not confident of yourself you envy others.
- You give undue credit to others by envying them.
- You often feel jealous by the outer show of wealth of your friends\ colleagues.
The affluence of others is not a yardstick to judge your life. Acknowledge the good things you have. You feel content and happy. Never feel jealous of others. Your life becomes less complicated.
4. NEVER PROCRASTINATE YOUR WORK
When you delay your work, you delay your success.
Why do you procrastinate your work?
- Fear of failure and defeat makes you procrastinate your work.
- By delaying, you are actually extending your agony.
- Do whatever you have to do without delay.
- When you procrastinate you are static.
- When your work is static, your problems remain static.
- Your success becomes a question mark.
- Never procrastinate your work.
- Delayed work means missed opportunities. Missed opportunities is denied success.
Denied success makes your life very complicated.
5. ASSUMING THE WORST FOR YOURSELF
Living your life based on your negative assumptions can complicate your life.
- Your assumptions are mostly pessimistic as you feel your present failure would continue throughout your life.
- You have self-assumed fear about your future.
- You assume your life would remain hopeless and unworthy.
- You assume that your problems would never go away.
Do not live your life on your imagined assumption. Live your life as it comes. It makes your life less complicated and less stressed.
6. HAVING A LOW OPINION OF YOURSELF
When you do not like yourself you complicate your life.
- Do not degrade yourself.
- Do not think that are worthless.
- Do not have such negative thoughts into your mind.
- Do not be overawed by the success of others and feel you cannot achieve it.
Do not set very high goals for yourself. It complicates your life. Set small goals and work hard to achieve it. Think that you are worthy and commendable.
It is easy to complicate your life and feel miserable. But it is a tough task to remove the fetters of complications from your life. Free your mind from the various self-inflicted complications. Breathe the fresh air of non-complicated happiness and contentment.