Who doesn’t want to live a happy married life?
Almost all couples crave for it.
But strangely, you find it very difficult to live a happy married life.
Why is it so?
It is because your relationship does not have many of the most needed qualities to make your married life easy and relaxed.
What happens when your relationship is unhappy?
- You do not have the freedom to voice your thoughts – you hide your feelings, as you know your spouse will hurt you with venomous words.
- So you never communicate with him\her – you feel it is better to keep your mouth shut than to be subjected to verbal abuse.
- There is no transparency in your interaction.
- The atmosphere at your home is always tense and oppressive.
- Both are ready to display your anger and resentment- you are hesitant to demonstrate your love.
- There is no emotional support between you.
- You do not share your problems with your spouse, as you know that he\she wouldn’t care for it.
- You too retaliate by being uncaring and unloving.
- Both feel lonely in your indifferent relationship.
- You bring your work related tension right into your home.
- Both flare up unreasonably, uttering hurting words without knowing the damage it does to your marriage.
- Whenever you interact with your spouse, you invariably talk about tense family issues which are always argumentative and confrontational.
All these negative aspects in your married life makes you more of strangers, doesn’t it?
When these negative qualities rules your relationship, you cannot enjoy comfort in your married life. When you do not feel comfortable with your spouse, you can never live a happy married life.
Happiness in your marriage depends on how comfortable you are with your spouse.
Are you wondering how?
You crave for comfort in all phases of your life.
- You work hard to live a comfortable life.
- You like your job only if the working atmosphere is comfortable.
- You like sitting in a comfortable chair, don’t you? You immediately get up if you feel uncomfortable in it.
Can you see how your mind yearns for comfort in almost everything in your life?
How can your expectations be different in your married life?
You like being home only when you feel comfortable with your spouse. The comfort you enjoy with him\her makes you feel peaceful and relaxed in your relationship.
What does feeling comfortable with your spouse do to your marriage?
- You confide about your inner thoughts with your spouse without any reservations.
- You do not have any apprehensions in pointing out the mistakes of your spouse.
- You enjoy absolute freedom.
- You can be yourself as your spouse accepts you as you are.
- There is transparency in your interaction with your spouse.
- You feel relaxed and contended when you are with him\her.
- There is an air of peace, calm, and friendliness in your married life.
Can you see how feeling comfortable with your spouse means a lot to your relationship?
What are the commandments you should follow to live a happy married life?
- Be easy and friendly with your spouse.
- Share your inner feelings without any reservations with him\her.
- Support each other spontaneously and instantly.
- Never try to change your spouse according to your liking.
- Accept your spouse for what he\she is.
- Never stop communicating with each other.
- Never demean your spouse before others.
- Talk with each other and not at each other.
- Have mutual respect.
- Have enough spacing to do things you like.
- Have some personal money to satisfy your individual cravings.
- Demonstrate your love openly.
- Be considerate and kind to your spouse.
- Appreciate the good aspects of your spouse.
- Be patient and understanding.
- Never lose your sense of humor.
- Never abuse your spouse – verbally or physically.
- Trust him\her implicitly.
- Overlook the minor faults of your spouse.
- Never allow your parents to interfere in your married life- it becomes a family feud.
- Never snoop on your spouse.
- Never be addicted to the social media – it will turn into a definite marriage wrecker if you are too obsessed with it.
- Spend quality time together.
- Listen to your spouse.
- Agree to his\her suggestions without feeling egoistic.
- Have direct eye contact when you interact with your spouse.
- Be supportive and encouraging.
Are these qualities difficult to follow?
Not at all.
These qualities are easy commandments you must definitely follow to lead a happy married life. It gives incredible cushioning effect to your relationship.
Marriage is never a one man show. It is and will always remain a duet. Dance in harmony with your spouse to make your married life happy, relaxed, and comfortable.