Health and beauty benefits of fenugreek makes it a perfect natural herb nature has gifted us. The leaves and seeds of fenugreek can be used for medicinal purpose. Not only that. It is a wonderful natural beauty product. You should have fenugreek regularly in your diet if you are health conscious. It is also a must in your daily beauty regimen.
You will be amazed if you know the rich health benefits of fenugreek. The seeds are rich in fiber, calcium and vitamin C, niacin and potassium. I soak one teaspoon of fenugreek in water overnight and eat it in empty stomach the next day. I had been doing this for the past few years. It has helped to regulate my insulin level and also controls my cholesterol.
In India fenugreek is an essential ingredient in daily cooking. It has a wonderful aroma when used for seasoning. Many of the modern youth ignore such herbs as they do not know its true value. They crave for junk food and ruin their health in their young age itself.
You spend thousands of dollars in beauty parlors to beautify yourself. Do you know that fenugreek can work wonders for your skin as well as for your hair?
Fenugreek has properties that can keep your insulin level within limits. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. So it can be used to treat acne, dry skin, pimples and to keep your face looking smooth and fresh.
Shall we look at the health benefits of fenugreek?
- Do you have cholesterol? It is very dangerous for your heart. Research have proved that fenugreek can reduce your cholesterol level effectively.
- It helps to reduce your hypertension and to control your heart beat rate.
- It controls your insulin level when it is consumed regularly.
- It is excellent for your digestion. It removes the harmful toxins from your body effectively.
- Do you want to reduce your weight the healthy and natural way?
Add one teaspoon of fenugreek to half a cup of yogurt. Soak it for two hours. The natural soluble fiber in fenugreek fills your stomach and suppresses your appetite. Remember to have it in empty stomach.
Always keep powdered fenugreek at home as this can be added to any dish you prepare. A quick and easy trick to healthy life!
The beauty benefits of fenugreek!
Most women crave for shining and thick hair. Do you want lush and long hair? Powder the fenugreek and store it in a tight container. Add the powdered fenugreek to any hair packs you prepare. Do you want your face to be smooth and soft? Use fenugreek with any fruit pulp and apply it in your face. Leave it for half an hour and wash thoroughly. Your face feels as smooth as a baby’s skin. Do now understand its beauty benefits?
Hair pack using fenugreek!
1. Fenugreek – one table spoon
2. White of one egg
3. Yogurt- two table spoon
4. Leaves of red hibiscus- a bunch
1.Soak the fenugreek overnight and make a thick paste of it.
2. Beat the white of the egg.
3. Add it to the paste.
4. Now blend the yogurt into it.
5. Make a smooth paste of hibiscus leaves.
6. Mix every ingredient into a smooth paste.
7. Apply it on your hair and wait for twenty minutes.
8. Wash thoroughly with warm water.
You should rinse properly as fenugreek has the tendency to stick to your hair. Regular use of fenugreek makes your hair shiny and lush.
Face packs using fenugreek!
1. Fenugreek- one teaspoon
2. Yogurt- one tablespoon
3. Honey- one teaspoon
4. Besan powder- one tablespoon
1. Soak the fenugreek overnight.
2. Make a thick paste
3. Blend all the ingredients into a smooth paste and apply evenly in your face. Do not forget to apply in your neck- the most neglected part!
4. Wait till the pack dries and wash with warm water.
Do this daily and watch your face glow.
Fenugreek in cooking healthy dishes!
How to make fenugreek gravy?
1. Fenugreek – half teaspoon
2. Tamarind- the size of a small lemon
3. Salt -to taste
4. Curry leaves- to garnish
5. Small onions- 50 grams
6. Green chilies- 1
7. Mustard- 1 teaspoon
8. Garlic- 10 buds
9. Cumin seeds- 1\2 teaspoon
10 Gingerly oil- 1 tablespoon
11. Pepper- 1 teaspoon
12. Drumstick- 1
- Extract juice of the tamarind and keep aside
- Coarsely powder cumin seeds and pepper
- Cut small onions into two halves
- Slit the green chilly
- Precook the drumstick
- Take a pan and pour the oil.
- When the oil heats add mustard seeds and fenugreek- do not let the fenugreek turn black as it makes the gravy taste bitter
- Add the cut onions and green chilies
- Saute till the onion turns golden brown
- Add the cooked drumstick
- Add tamarind extract.
- Add turmeric powder and the coarsely ground cumin seeds and pepper
- Add salt
- Add curry leaves
- Cook till the oil separates.
This gravy will go well with chapattis\roti’s\rice. Fenugreek in this gravy emits a delicious aroma.
- Fenugreek rice
- Rice- one cup
- Fenugreek- one table spoon
- Cumin seeds- one teaspoon
- Pepper – one teaspoon
- Ghee- one table spoon
- Curry leaves- one bunch
- Salt- to taste
- ginger- a small piece
1. Take the pressure cooker and heat the ghee.
2. Splutter the whole pepper and cumin seeds.
3. Add the chilies and ginger.
4. Add curry leaves.
5. Now add rice and fenugreek.
6. Add one and half cup of water.
7. Add salt.
8. Pressure cook for ten minutes.
This rice is excellent for your health.
Can you see how fenugreek is very good for your healthy life? In today’s tense world everyone has some health related problems. So you should use such natural ways to keep you healthy. In this modern world beauty is given topmost priority. Do not spend thousands of dollars when you have the remedy right in your home.