Do you know being proactive is a definite path to great success?
What exactly does proactive mean?
You take the initiative for your success with confidence and assurance. You do not wait for your success to be handed over to you.
It is you who have to move towards your success. Success never comes galloping towards you. Most of you face failures or delayed success because you wait for things to happen to you.
You have lot of excuses for being inactive and stagnant.
‘My time has not yet come’
‘I think I am destined to fail’.
Do you have such negative attitude towards life?
Be assured you will be an utter flop.
When you do not try anything you will not achieve anything.
How can you ever hope for success if you do not try?
How will you know your talent unless you use it?
‘Don’t wait for a new year to change your perspective. Get up and be proactive today- Unknown quotes.
Some years back I was very hesitant to display my writing talent.
‘What if I fail?’
‘What if I face negative comments?’
‘What if I had no viewers?’
Questions like these used to plague me.
Sure enough, I did nothing, achieved nothing and was a nothing.
One fine day it dawned upon me that I was delaying because I had no confidence in myself. Finally I realized I had only 2 choices before me.
Take the initiative to write and be successful!
Procrastinate my writing and be a non-entity.
I chose the first.
I took a paper and pencil. I wrote my strong and weak points.
My weakest point – I delay too much before beginning any work.
My strongest point – I was very persistent after I started my work.
I decided to take my strong point as my weapon. I became persistent. I developed a never-say-die attitude. I started writing. I now have a blog which deals with various life shattering problems.
Sure enough I am seeing the dawn of my success.
Top 10 tips to be proactive in life – Sure path to success!
1. NEVER EVER DELAY YOUR WORK
Do you delay your work as I did?
Never ever do that
You are delaying your success. Success is never easy. You have to work very, very hard to achieve it.
Do you feel smug that one day you would achieve incredible success without any efforts from you?
You are wrong.
Unless you take efforts to move ahead with your plans you will definitely fail.
This is what proactive is all about. You do things!
- You develop many life changing characteristics.
- You never procrastinate your work.
- You gear yourself up to work relentlessly and persistently.
2. POSITIVE THOUGHT IS YOUR MANTRA
Do you have negative thoughts?
- It freezes you into inaction.
- When your thoughts are dull and negative you do not act.
- Unless you take actions for your success, it eludes you.
How can you be successful when you do take not actions to make it a reality?
Be very positive.
- Positive thoughts leads you to be proactive.
- Your thoughts becomes authentic and decisive.
- Your actions is very authoritative and dependable.
A clear way to success!
3. ALWAYS THINK IT IS NOW OR NEVER
When your mind says ‘some other time’ you wait for your time to come.
- Invariably it never comes to you.
- Time is always the same for everyone.
- You have to move along with time.
- Time never waits for you.
- When time throws opportunities your way, grab it.
- Otherwise your opportunities disappear.
Your mind should be tuned to the attitude of ‘do it now’. It motivates you to spring into action immediately.
Being proactive makes you understand you have to act now instead of later.
4. PLAN YOUR ACTION
When you blindly plunge into action you can never be proactive. There are many stumbling blocks on the way to divert your success.
- Research the pros and cons of your work.
- Plan how to change the cons into pros.
- If certain work is tiresome and grueling shove it away.
Think of some other means to achieve your success. There are plethora of different ways to achieve it. Try it!
5. YOU NEED PEOPLE
Do you think you can do all your work by yourself?
Can you build a house single-handed?
- You need people to make your work successful.
- Analyze the type of work you are doing.
- Select right persons who are knowledgeable about it.
- Allocate your work with trust.
- Be friendly and supportive.
- Never be degrading and distrusting.
- Encourage them to do the work with least delay and with optimum precision.
This is one great trick to being proactive.
6. WRITE YOUR PLANS
Never think that your mind will prod you to act on its own.
Your mind needs reminders to be proactive.
- Write down the plans for your work in a paper.
- Number it according to its importance.
- Have a look at it daily.
- It is incredible how your plan gets embedded in your thoughts and mind 24\7.
Perfect planning gives you an aerial view of what you should do for your success. A clear signal you are proactive.
7. BE PROBLEM SOLVING
You will definitely face many hurdles to prevent your success. Success in life is difficult. Great success is even more an uphill task.
More like the making of the movie ‘TITANIC’!
- Do not brood about your problems.
- Think about the ways to solve it.
- Never drag your feet thinking you might fail.
- Act without delaying.
The words delaying and procrastination never exists in the book of a proactive person.
8. TAKE STEP BY STEP ACTION
Do not rush things. You will do everything wrong.
- Take one action at a time.
- Be perfect in it.
- If there are flaws, rectify it.
- Do away with unwanted work however hard you might have worked for it.
A proactive person is ruthless in deciding what is needed and what is unneeded for his success!
Tick the work done. Be ruthless in your self –analysis about your work. Be lavish in your praise when you achieve even a wee bit of success. Self-appreciation gives you great energy to be proactive.
9. BE VERY ASSERTIVE AND SELF-CONFIDENT.
A proactive person is always assertive and confident.
- You should not buckle under the pressures you face in your path towards success.
- Never look back in apprehension.
- Move ahead forgetting your failures.
- Failures are precious lessons to do things better. Nothing else!
You should have a high opinion of yourself to be proactive. Low opinion makes your efforts halfhearted and feeble.
- DO NOT ASK TOO MANY ADVICE
You should listen to the advice of others. It does help you. But the decision has always has to be yours.
- But too much advice can confuse you.
- Others do not know your dream. Only you know it.
- So work with freedom and liberty.
‘Too many cooks spoil the broth’ doesn’t it?
10. THINK BACK ON THE WORK DONE
Before retiring to bed think about the progress you have made. This is a must for being proactive for your forthcoming success.
Do you feel satisfied with your work?
Very good! You have been proactive.
Do you feel you have lagged behind?
- Never mind!
There is always a tomorrow.
But plan your work well in advance for a better next day.
A mountaineer scales the top of the mountain by his sheer will power and grit. He prods for space and pull himself up inch by inch till he reaches the peak. You too should be equipped with confidence, positive action, systematic research and insatiable energy for success.
Do you have these essential qualities?
Now you are indeed proactive to scale the peak of your well-deserved victory.