Pregnancy weight is a problem faced by most new mothers.
In fact most of you feel depressed when you gather weight rapidly after your delivery.
‘When will I get my svelte figure back’ your mind screams with worry.
After all as a woman you are concentrated on your looks, aren’t you?
But sadly you cannot diet when you are breast feeding your baby. Your baby gets the nutrients he needs from you. So naturally you have to eat good food.
What should you do to lose your pregnancy weight the healthy way?
Top 10 ways to lose pregnancy weight
- Do not go on a crash diet. Do not miss meals in the hope of losing your pregnancy weight. Eat healthy. Avoid sweets, cakes, chocolates, ice creams and junk food. These food contains no nutrients, but adds up extra kilos to your body weight.
- Do not expect to lose weight instantly and immediately. You have to wait at least a year before you begin losing your weight.
- Play with your baby. Dance along with him to peppy music. Your baby loves it. Do you know your baby is happy when you sing songs? Your baby reacts immediately to sounds. When you sing and dance you develop immense emotional bond with him. At the same time you burn your calories.
- Drink plenty of water. It makes your stomach feel filled. It keeps your body hydrated. This makes you eat lot less than you usually do. Drink lots of fresh juices. It gives you tons of vitamins and minerals your body needs to stay healthy. But never add sugar to the juice.
- Do not keep all your baby things in one place. Keep the dresses of your baby in one room and his diapers in another room. This makes you walk a lot inside your house. Helps you to burn the extra calories.
- Take your baby in a pram for short walks or to nearby places. Your baby adores the new sounds and sights. You too burn calories in a healthy way.
- Breast feeding is one way of losing weight. You lose approximately 300- 500 calories per day when you breast feed your baby.
- Do not cite tiredness and laze around. You should start doing your household work a month after your delivery. Stop the maid. Do your household work yourself to lose some precious weight.
- Start doing mild exercises initially. As days go by do some heavy exercises. Concentrate on your midriff region and legs. Swing your hands and legs when you watching TV. Walk on tiptoe often.
- Drink barley water regularly. It gets rid of extra water in your body. Drink hot water. It melts your body fat.
Do not be tempted by celebrities who flaunt their slim bodies only a few months after their delivery. You never know how they lost weight. Was it through healthy way or through surgical way? You should concentrate on healthy ways to lose your pregnancy weight.
Go slow and steady. Gradual loss of weight is the best way. Crash dieting and surgical corrections is a big no.