10 Top tips to keep dry skin glowing reveals the tricky ways to make you look good even in the winter.
Does your skin feel stretched and dehydrated even during summer?
Does your skin look furrowed and wrinkled?
Does your skin lack youthful glow during winter?
These are the common problems you have if the texture of your skin is dry.
Why is your skin dry? Why does your skin lack moisture?
The simple truth is that your skin needs some hydration. Oily skinned people have one great advantage over you. They do not develop wrinkles as easily as you do. Yes, you can develop wrinkles even in your young age as your skin is dehydrated and dry.
10 Top tips to keep dry skin glowing!
1.You should make sure that you do not remove the natural oil in your skin as it acts as a protectant to your dry skin. When you use soaps that contain harsh chemicals, you unknowingly make your skin hunger for hydration. Always choose skin products specially designed for dry skin.
2.Do not wash your face in too hot water. The water should not be too cold either. Both extremes are very bad for your skin. Always use lukewarm water to wash your face. Do not wash your face too often as it tends to dry out your already parched skin.
3.Exfoliation is a must to remove dead cells. Otherwise your face tends to look dull and tired looking. But you should be careful in the way you scrub your face. If you exfoliate too often you can feel your dry skin literally scaling and flaking. Do not use strong exfoliating products. Do not scrub your face roughly. Do not use pumice stone or loofah. Loofah is often a storehouse of germs and bacteria.
- There is a simple way to make your face glow. Make a paste of baking soda and apply it over your face. Use your hands to scrub your face with gentle movements. Wash your face with warm water.
- Do not pull your face while wiping it. Never ever use rough towels to wipe your face. You should always pat dry your face with a soft towel.
- You should always moisture your body and face as soon as you finish having your bathing. You might wonder why. Applying moisturizer when your skin is wet locks the moisture inside your skin so that you look fresh and glowing for a longer period.
- Do not forget to apply moisturizer when you are in your work place as the chillness of the AC makes your skin even drier. It is not enough if you apply moisturizer once a day as your dry skin needs continuous care and attention. Apply moisturizer at least four times a day. Do not choose moisturizer randomly without reading its properties. The best advice is to consult a dermatologist and select the right products suitable for your skin tone. The specialist knows the level of your dryness and can prescribe products that can relive your skin of its dryness. This small tip can really help you in the long run.
- During the night apply a thick layer of nourishing cream to moisturize your skin. This is one regimen you should not overlook. Protect your skin from the sun by applying sunscreen suitable for dry skin. Yes, you too need sun protection to prevent your skin from sun damage.
- Winter is the hardest period for your skin. It feels chapped and cracked. You should take special care of your skin in the winter season to protect it from scaling and peeling. Wear a scarf while going out. Do not forget to apply lip balm as your lips become chapped and cracked.
10.Make sure that you drink plenty of water to keep you hydrated. Do not drink chill water. A small but most effective tip is to drink warm water. It gives a natural glow to your dry skin. Carry a flask of warm water with you whenever you go out. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables as its nutrients make your dry skin look healthy and glowing.
It is a must that you consult a dermatologist for the right dos and don’ts for your dry skin. He can guide you to take care of your dry skin in the proper way. Do not get carried away by the ads and keep changing your products. Once a product feels good for your dry skin stick to it to make your skin feel soft and hydrated.