5 easy ways to be the best friend of your spouse! You want to be the best friend of your spouse, don’t you? In fact it is the most desired dream you have in your marriage. But it is one of your underachieved dream also!
Why do you attach so much importance to friendliness with your spouse?
It is friendliness that makes your relationship bright and cheerful.
What happens when you are friendly with your spouse?
- You can be your true self with him\her.
- You enjoy great freeness with your spouse which only a good friendship can give.
- You can share your inner feelings with him\her as you do with your friends.
- Friendliness makes your marriage a dream relationship.
But you find it near impossible to be friendly with your spouse.
Why do you find it tough to be friendly with your spouse when your mind craves for it?
Marriage relationship is getting tougher day by day. You lead a hectic lifestyle. You suffer from work related stress and tension. You have to maintain a good standard of living. For this you have to earn lots of money. You crave for fame and affluence. You drive yourself to the extreme to make yourself wealthy and rich.
What is the net result of your mad race for money and wealth?
You are drained and frustrated. You do not have the energy to interact with your spouse. If at all you communicate with him\her it is about routine family matters. Very boring! Very dull! Very argumentative! Very frustrating!
What happens when both suffer from such tension and stress?
You either vent your frustration and anger on your spouse or do not interact at all. You are also very demanding and never giving.
Then how can you hope for friendliness in your relationship. Friendship is always about sharing and giving, isn’t it?
Friendliness with your spouse can never be a one way path. It needs input from both!
You too can enjoy great friendship with your spouse if you truly understand his\her world- this is what your best friend does to you, doesn’t he\she.
5 easy ways to be the best friend of your spouse!
- Share everything with your spouse!
The word sharing has a very large canvas in marriage relationship! It includes many things in its arena.
- You should share his\her inner most feelings.
- Your interaction with your spouse should be breezy and humorous.
- You should share his\her sorrow and problems as if it was yours.
Share, share and share everything with him\her!
If you have reservations about sharing your problems with your spouse, it shows the lack of emotional intimacy in your relationship.
‘I am here for you’.
‘You have my full support’
‘You can depend on me to share your problems’
Convey these messages through your actions. It instills an instant bond of friendship with your spouse.
- Share your interests\hobbies with your spouse!
- Share the pride of your spouse when he\she is successful in his\her work.
- Share his\her anxiety!
- Share his\her fears and sorrow!
When you share and support your spouse in all aspects of life he\she becomes your best friend.
- Protect your spouse!
What do you do when someone demeans your spouse?
- Do you ignore it thinking it is none of your business?
- Or do you spring forth in an immediate protective retort?
You should never allow anyone talk low about your spouse.
When someone passes snide remarks about your spouse, the slight is not for him\her alone, but for you too.
After marriage, you should completely shelter your spouse from slighting, rebuffs and other emotionally draining experiences. When you are protective towards your spouse, he\she feels cared by you. Now a beautiful friendship blossoms between you.
- Laughing together
With work related tension and family worries growing day by day you find it impossible to smile. In fact you become glum and gloomy.
- The time you spend together is either full of silence or full of harsh words.
- The words you exchange with your spouse are very matter of fact and mundane.
- You only talk about some family issues.
This unexciting attitude of yours is the most terrifying enemy to your marriage.
Were you like this when you were in love?
- You talked with your spouse because you liked to.
- You smiled at him\her as you adored him\her.
- You always loved to be together.
You lose your smile when responsibilities piles up after marriage. You take your relationship problems too much to heart.
If you let your relationship drift along disinterestedly, your marriage soon loses it verve and energy.
- You should interact with your spouse with easy friendliness!
- You should share laughter and humor with him\her.
- You should enjoy fun times together.
This is what a best friend does, doesn’t he\she?
- You should have easy companionship!
When does easy companionship emerge?
Friendship emerges only when there is perfect sync of thoughts and emotions between you.
Your interaction with your spouse must be spontaneous, vivacious, vibrant and bouncy!
- When you are together, there should be lots of laughter, friendly repartee, teasing and connective emotions.
- You should love being together.
- When watching TV, you should discuss about the movie, thrash out its drawbacks and laugh at its ridiculous scenes.
- When watching sports, you should talk intelligently and eagerly about the outcome of the match and thoroughly enjoy yourself.
When you are pleasant with your spouse the atmosphere at home vibrates with compatible friendship you long for.
- You should attract each other!
Do you know attraction for each other plays a very vital part in making your marriage a great success?
- You should enjoy the company of each other.
- The presence of your spouse should be electrifying to you.
- You should appreciate each other.
- Tease your spouse in a friendly manner.
- Share common jokes together.
Can you see how easy it is to be the best friend of your spouse?
When you overlook the good points of your spouse, there can be no true friendship between you. Your interaction with your spouse becomes resentful and hostile. Never ever do that.
You should notice your spouse, appreciate him\her and make him\her feel fantastic!
Do not make family problems a big issue. Problems come and go. Take every family problems in a lighter vein. When you do that you can smile easily. You want to the best friend of your spouse, don’t you? Then be humorous and cheerful with your spouse- the most important ingredient to make you his\her best friend!