What are destructive emotions?
Do they really destroy your life?
Your life revolves around your emotions. The way you control your emotions decide the happiness quotient of your life.
Does it mean you should be without emotions?
Of course not.
You are not a robot to be without feelings.
But you should be in control of your emotions. Never let them control you.
When you let go control over your emotions all hell is let loose in your life.
When destructive emotions like fear, anxiety, depression and unhappiness dominate your life you feel miserable and wretched.
Negative emotions also destroys your peace and happiness.
I was once very short-tempered. I always indulged in petty arguments with my daughter. I was convinced that I was always right and that my daughter was always wrong. I made myself miserable by feeling depressed that she did not love me.
How wrong I was.
My daughter loved me. But my destructive emotion made me think otherwise.
‘Why am I feeling unhappy? I asked myself this question often. I finally realized that the fault was completely mine. I was keyed up for nothing. I was letting my emotions rule me.
‘I must control my negative emotions’, I told myself. To this day I have kept my word. I have changed so much that my daughter is surprisingly pleased to see her mother very soft-spoken and reasonable.
Top 5 destructive emotions you should definitely control
1. Anger makes friends your enemies
Anger – top in the list of destructive emotions
Anger is a very common feeling.
It would be a lie if you say you are never angry. It is very natural to feel angry for certain things. In fact you should show anger when there is need for it.
When you are angry in a mild form, it does not hurt anyone. Your anger is very shallow and superficial. But the sad thing is that your anger is never mild.
When you are angry your emotions boil over. You totally lose control over your reasoning power. Your words come with the force of a hurricane. You lash out in fury to hurt your family\friends\relatives.
- Leave the place from where your anger originated.
- Pause for a second before you utter harsh words.
- That second is enough for you to understand your blunder.
- Breathe in deeply to feed you angered mind with fresh oxygen of calm.
- You can feel yourself unwinding.
- Be mentally detached to win over your anger.
- When you become too involved, your emotions run high. You flare up easily.
2. Never be a cry baby
Crying is yet another top destructive emotions.
Though crying is normal, it shows you as a weak person.
What makes you cry?
- Relationship problems shatters you emotionally.
- Failures bring your morale below the danger level.
- Rebuffs makes you feel worthless.
- Cheating makes you feel helpless.
- Betrayal makes you hopeless.
What is the net result of all these?
You cry helplessly in self-pity. You feel you are the only one to suffer.
Why should you cry when there is always a solution to your problems?
Do you feel emotionally weakened and want to cry?
- Do it in privacy when no one is around.
- When you are with others practice control over your crying.
- Brace yourself to face any situation.
- Have self-confidence to face any problems in your life.
- Never buckle down when you are undergoing tremendous stress in life.
- Face it bravely.
- You will be surprised by your capacity to tackle your problems.
3. Depression gets you nowhere
Depression is one among the worst of destructive emotions.
It destroys your life as no other emotion can.
- When you are depressed you do not listen to reasoning.
- You make your life completely miserable.
- You shut yourself in your own negative world.
- You are convinced that you will never succeed.
Such negative thoughts cloud your mind that you cease to think with clarity.
Those who suffer are children of God. He never lets you down.
- You should always work with hope. When you do that, you will succeed one day.
- When you are confident, you never feel depressed. So never lose hope.
4. Emotional insecurity makes you a nervous wreck
Why do you feel emotionally insecure?
When you are totally dependent on others for your happiness you are emotionally shattered when they do not reciprocate your love.
You are bewildered when your spouse does not display his\her love as you want to.
You feel lost when your children leave you to lead their own lives.
Can you see how you link your happiness with others?
- Never ever do that.
- Do not centralize your life around others. You will invariably be disappointed.
- Everyone are individuals.
- They have their own lives to lead.
- They cannot play to your tune always.
5. Jealousy is a happiness wrecker
When you are jealous you feel deprived and lacking in almost everything. You compare your life with others and feel you are nothing before them.
- Count your blessings.
- Never compare your life with others.
- Do not give undue credit to others.
- Do not lose your happiness yearning for something you do not have.
- Be content and fulfilled with your life.
When you control your emotions, you control your life.
Are you wondering how to do it?
Your mind can do it. Your mind is like your pet. It does what you want it to do. So order you mind to control any negative emotions. Command it to do things which make you successful and flourishing.