Top 5 ways to appreciate your spouse is a magic wand to make your relationship worthwhile and happy.
Is it that important to appreciate your spouse?
Can’t you just do your duties as a loving spouse without expecting appreciation?
This is not the way your relationship works.
How will you feel when your spouse overlooks your care and affection?
Used and unloved!
It is the same with your spouse.
When you do not appreciate your spouse he\she feels that you are taking him\her for granted.
So, the need for appreciation is mutual for both.
Appreciation is a magic wand which works wonders in your relationship.
Why do you feel depressed that you are taken for granted?
Shall we look at an example?
How do you feel when your hard work is unappreciated in your workplace?
- You feel bored with your work.
But how do you feel when your work is noticed and appreciated by the management?
- You feel worthy and want to contribute even more to your work, don’t you?
This is the magic of appreciation!
There is not a single human being who does not want to be appreciated.
How can your spouse be any different?
“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
Top 5 ways to appreciate your spouse! Magic wand!
1. Notice your spouse!
Do you feel that it is the duty of your spouse to look after you and that there is nothing to appreciate him\her about it?
How wrong you are!
It is very true that your spouse is committed to take care of you.
But never overlook his\her love for you.
Observe your spouse! The contribution he\she makes to make your life comfortable is enormous. But the sad thing is that you coolly ignore it leaving your spouse feel unnoticed and unappreciated.
Try appreciating the small things he\she does for you!
- Does your spouse keep the house clean? Appreciate it!
- Did your spouse pay the bill you forgot? Appreciate it!
- Does your spouse help you in household chores? Appreciate it!
‘Thank you, honey! I do not know what I would do without you’.
Very simple words aren’t they?
But such appreciating words are awesome tools to make your spouse feel happy and fulfilled. When you appreciate your spouse he\she feels incredibly worthy that you value his\her contribution to the family.
2. Appreciation gets positive reaction from your spouse.
When you appreciate your colleagues, you earn the respect and cooperation from them. When you appreciate your friends your friendship deepens. When you appreciate your servants they become loyal to you and want to do better.
So appreciation gets positive results everywhere, doesn’t it?
Do you know what happens when you appreciate your spouse?
- It shows that you care for him\her.
- It brings your spouse emotionally closer to you.
- It makes your spouse feel wanted by you.
- It makes him\her even more committed to your relationship.
- Your love for each other intensifies.
Why then do you hesitate to appreciate your spouse?
It just needs a few words of care and love to do the trick.
Then why don’t you just do it?
3. Words of appreciation creates magic!
Do you feel that appreciating your spouse is an artificial way of showing your love?
Dear me! You are missing a wonderful way of showing the love and care you have for your spouse. Do not lock the love and appreciation for your spouse within yourself. It makes your married life fruitless and wasted.
Do you have to use elaborate words to show your appreciation?
Not at all!
Small gestures speak volumes of love than words. An affectionate hug, a pat in the cheeks, holding hands with warm love creates magic in your married life.
‘You mean the world to me’
‘I love you’
Wonderful words, aren’t they?
It takes no time and needs no money!
Why then do you feel reluctant to use these words?
You complicate your marriage by comfortably forgetting to appreciate your spouse not knowing it makes him\her feel completely unloved and uncared by you.
4. Makes your spouse feel cared and loved!
What happens when you do not appreciate your spouse?
- Your spouse thinks that he\she is being taken for granted.
- He\she feels that you are callously using him\her for your selfish needs.
But suppose you appreciate each other!
- It attracts you towards one another like magnet. Appreciation pulls your spouse towards you and you towards your spouse
- Your spouse instantly feels that you are loving and caring in an emphatic way and is emotionally attracted to you.
Yes, appreciation has the enticement of a magnet.
5. Appreciation brings the best out of your relationship!
- When you are appreciative it gives a loving glow to your marriage.
- Your spouse feels loved, protected and cherished by you.
- There is a sense of well-being in your marriage.
- Your relationship deepens into firm love.
An appreciated spouse is fulfilled and satisfied! Your love is reciprocated and give back to you in tons.
‘We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather recognizing and appreciating what we do have’ – Appreciation quotes.
When your marriage becomes boring and mundane, your appreciation makes it lively and exciting. When your relationship is oppressed and scalding, a few words of appreciation cool it. It is the magic wand of your marriage!