Hair care is the only way to long, shiny and lengthy mane.
I looked with amazement at the long and shining hair my friend’s daughter Seema had. I felt little jealous of her lovely hair.
‘What is the secret behind your beautiful hair, Seema?’ I asked her eagerly.
‘Hair care, aunty. I follow a strict regimen for my hair. I follow four regimens diligently’ she smiled at me.
- I eat nourishing food.
- I keep my hair clean.
- I never experiment with new oils or shampoos that floods the market.
- Last but not the least, I do not try those freaky coloring or other hair fashion trends.
Well, the young girl really knew the essential secrets to good hair care.
SIMPLE TRICKS CAN MAKE YOUR HAIR BEAUTIFUL
1. Top foods for hair care.
Fruits – Guava, strawberry, grapes, banana and oranges– these fruits are very rich in vitamin C which promotes hair growth. They also contain antioxidants and beta carotene and fiber.
Eggs- rich in proteins and contains B vitamin called Biotin – promotes hair growth.
Sweet potato- rich in beta carotene which is very good for dull and lifeless hair.
Green leafy vegetables- spinach is excellent for hair growth. It contains loads of iron, beta carotene, Vitamin C and Vitamin A, all excellent for hair growth.
Fish- it is rich in Omega 3 which is very needed to make your hair thick and strong. Salmon and sardines are rich in Omega 3.
2. Hair masks for hair care.
The secret way to your beautiful hair is in your own house. It is the place where you spend most of your time – your ‘kitchen’.
Black gram mask
- Soak 2 table spoon of black gram for 2 hours.
- Make a smooth paste.
- Add curd to it and blend well.
- Apply all over your hair. Wait for 20 minutes and wash thoroughly.
- Your hair feels smooth and soft as silk.
- Soak 2 table spoon of fenugreek overnight.
- Make a smooth paste.
- Add curd to it.
- Apply over your hair.
- Wait for 20 minutes.
- Wash thoroughly
- Banana 1 – blend to a smooth paste
- Whites of 2 eggs – beaten to a froth foam
- Blend in the banana
- Mix well
- Apply on your hair
- 20 minutes of waiting
- Wash hair well
3. Best oils for hair care
Very sticky, but very good to healthy well moisturized hair. It is rich in Vitamin E, proteins and minerals needed for good hair growth. Many of you avoid castor oil because it is hard to wash. But when you use it regularly the results are amazing.
It contains vitamin E which is good for your skin as well as hair. Its anti-inflammatory properties help fight dandruff and keeps your scalp clean. It is light weight and easily penetrates the hair to lock the moisture.
The favorite oil of my grandmother. She never used any other oil for her lengthy and shiny hair. It conditions your hair making it soft and smooth. Very easy to wash too.
Small tips for excellent hair care.
- Keeping your hair clean is the essential rule for shining hair.
- Always select a mild shampoo which does not contain harsh chemicals.
- Do not change your shampoo often. When a brand suits your hair stick to it.
- Oil and shampoo can be applied to your scalp.
- But conditioners should be applied only on the hair and not on the scalp.
- Apply a good conditioner. Wait for 2 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
- Do not comb your hair when it is wet. Your hair breaks easily.
- Do not use hair dryers often. It dries your hair and makes it lifeless and brittle.
- Sun not only damages your skin but also your hair. Do not venture into the scorching sun without an umbrella. Wear a hat.
Some feel that shampooing hair daily have an adverse effect on your hair. But doctors’ advice that it is OK to wash your hair daily. You can test it yourself.
Does your hair look healthy after washing daily?
Or does it look dry and lifeless deprived of its natural moisture?
If you feel your hair looks healthy, continue washing daily. Your hair is exposed to pollution and dirt every day. So it is always better to wash it daily. But if you feel frequent washing makes your hair lifeless and dull, you can wash on alternate days.
Coloring your hair may the ‘in’ thing if you are too fashion conscious. But it can do immense damage to your hair also. If at all you want to color your hair you can do it once in a while. Always remember that your natural color is the best for you. Straightening, ironing and perming are all harmful to your hair in the long run.
You should always consult your doctor when you have too much hair loss. The reason could be related to your health also. Good hair care will help you have your dream hair, long, luscious and full of volume.