Is your marriage relationship after a baby facing many problems?
The arrival of your baby turns the relationship with your husband topsy-turvy. You also feel a lot of negative changes in your behavior towards your husband which leaves him feel baffled and confused.
Your love for your husband remains the same, but the way you interact with him does change. You are tensed when your carefree life is gone forever. The added responsibilities you face as a new mother makes you fatigued and tired.
Both feel elated when your baby arrives to liven up your married life. In fact your relationship with your husband is further cemented by the tiny bundle of delight.
But certain changes develop in your behavior towards your husband.
- You no longer feel indulgent towards the laziness of your husband.
- You feel irritated when your husband demands your attention.
- You often fight with him regarding sharing of household chores.
- You lose your interest in sex.
You are too concentrated on your motherly duties that you forget your wifely duties. Your husband becomes secondary while your baby becomes your primary concern.
In your eagerness to be a good mother, you forget that your husband feels lost and lonely when you treat him with scanty care. He feels the magic of your care slowly disappearing and a new life of looking after himself stares coldly at him.
Never let it happen in your marriage relationship after a baby.
It is true that looking after your baby literally drains your energy. So you lose interest in looking after the needs of your husband. As you are concentrated on being a loving mother, you lose your sight of being a good wife.
Do you know your husband is peevish with your marriage relationship after a baby?
- You lose interest in sexually satisfying your husband as you are dead tired battling with sleepless nights.
- You lose interest in cooking his favorite dish as you feel you do not have the energy and the time.
- You lose interest in looking good as you feel motherhood gives you the liberty to look flabby and plump.
- You lose interest in spending quality time with your husband as you want to catch up with your lost sleep. You do not make the sleep time of your baby an intimate time with your husband but convert it into your sleep time.
Can you see how much changes you undergo in your marriage relationship after a baby.
The things you lose interest in are the main needs of your husband. It makes him feel lost and unattended.
Your husband is peevish that you do not pay any attention to him. He longs for normal sexual life with you. When you consistently deny him sex citing your tiredness he feels sexually deprived. As a man your husband will never outgrow his hunger for physical pleasure.
You spend sleepless nights making you physically famished. Your body and mind is dead tired and listless. All you want in life is rest and some breather when your baby is sleeping.
It is true that your baby is quite a handful.
But you cannot let things drift away in your marriage relationship after a baby.
What should you do to balance between being a caring mother and a loving wife?
Never let go your physical appearance and look plump and flabby. After your body returns to normal do regular exercises to keep you fit and slim. Take care of your appearance. Look presentable and well-groomed. It means a lot to you and your husband.
Never lose interest in cooking your husband’s favorite dish. Poor man, he longs for it.
Do not let him fend for himself when you lose count of your time amidst changing diapers and feeding the baby. Your baby should not alienate you from your husband. Allocate some personal time to be with your husband. He direly needs it.
Financial stress has a telling effect in your marriage relationship after a baby. You want to stay back at home to look after your baby. But you cannot afford to do so as the need for money grows. When you are forced to work to meet the additional need for money you argue with your husband often.
Never let your marriage relationship after a baby distance you from your husband.
- Involve your husband in bringing up your baby.
- Don’t feel he is incapable of looking after the baby. He dislikes it when you do not trust him with the baby.
- Appreciate your husband when he changes diapers.
- Give him a loving hug when he feeds the baby.
Now you have an eager father who adores doing such delightful duties to his baby.
‘Making the decision to have a child-it’s momentous.
It is to decide forever to have your heart of walking around outside your body.’- Elizabeth stone
Parenthood is full of shared responsibilities and commitments. But it should never come in between your relationship. Become more intimate with your husband as your baby has given both the blessing of branching out as a family.