Is money in married life connected to happiness in your relationship?
Often hotly debated topic between both, isn’t it?
The harsh truth is money and happiness in your married life are interlinked.
What is your attitude towards money before marriage?
‘Love is enough for our marriage to work. Money cannot cause any rift in our relationship.’ – Emotional words of intense love.
What is your attitude towards money after marriage?
‘We always argue about money. We have many difference of opinion regarding money. My spouse never agrees to my way of handling money and I do not agree to his\hers. I never knew money in married life was so important.’ – Reality hits you hard after a few years of marriage.
Is money in married life all that important? Surprisingly it is!
Money rules the world. It rules your married life also.
Does this mean your marriage can survive on money alone?
Without love your marriage cannot survive. Love is the foundation of your marriage. Your relationship cannot last without love, care, mutual respect, emotional support and many other intricate qualities.
But however much you love each other, your marriage cannot survive without money.
Money makes or unmakes your married life.
- Before marriage you had no big family commitments.
- You enjoyed life without a care in the world.
- You handled money carelessly.
- You instantly bought things which caught your fancy.
- You never thought about your future.
- You now have a family of your own.
- You have your children to look after.
- Their education costs you lots of money.
- You must maintain a good standard of life.
- You must save for the financial security of your family.
This complete changeover hits you hard to the harsh reality of the importance of money in married life.
Do you know that money is one of the topmost reasons for the spurt of divorce in modern marriages?
Most couples lock horns with each other on money matters.
When you have surplus money your married life is quite happy.
Suppose you are knee deep in debts.
All hell breaks free. At last you realize the importance of money in married life.
What happens to your relationship now?
- There is no money for your day to day survival.
- Your standard of living plunges to a new low.
- You can no longer afford high cost education for your children.
- You have to shift them to cheaper schools.
Blaming games now begins in your relationship.
Accusations and counter accusations wreck your happiness. You begin the day by arguing about money and end the day by arguing about money.
Do you know you might have surplus money and still argue with your spouse about it?
Married life is a tricky relationship. It is a unison of two persons with diversified thoughts about everything in life. And money dealings is the topmost diversification in marriage. Both do not have the same way of handling money.
- You want good standard of life. Your spouse prefers simplicity.
- You like spending, your spouse likes savings.
- You want to invest money in stock, he\she feels banks are the safest.
You fight over allocation of money also.
- Do you earn more than your spouse?
- Does your spouse insist you spend more for the family?
- Are you denied your own personal money?
These are just few of the reasons you fight over money with your spouse.
Why does money in married life cause such emotional upheavals?
The mercenary world considers your marriage a success only when you openly display your wealth. The world turns blind eye to your love. You have to prove your worth. So your focus is now diverted to money. You run after money. You chase money. You just do not have enough money.
You are foolish if you think love is enough to make your marriage work. You are mercenary if you attach too much importance to money in married life. Money cannot bring happiness to your relationship. But strangely your married life is an utter flop without money. You need both.