You always want to be the top priority of your husband, don’t you?
You want your husband to place you over his parents\friends\relatives.
Are you right in feeling so?
You are absolutely right in feeling so.
You are the one who is going to travel along with him all through his life. You are also the only one who is going to share all the ups and downs of his life.
So, it is only natural you feel that you must be the top priority of your husband. But sadly, you become demanding and possessive that he should love only you.
You are so concentrated on being the priority of your husband that you feel irritated with his normal interaction with his parents. You feel his caring attention to his parents is a sign that he does not love you enough.
You often fight with him about his parents, don’t you?
There are times you go overboard by being all demanding, all-controlling, and overly possessive.
- You want your husband all for yourself.
- You would not share him with anyone.
- You literally cling to him in the name of love.
- You hate it when your husband helps his parents.
You are doing great injustice to him. You adore your parents even after your marriage. It is the same with your husband. You just cannot expect him to sever his ties with his parents after marriage.
Do you know your husband loves you more than his parents?
He loves you more because he knows you are the person who is going to travel with him throughout his life journey. This is the reason you see your husband shifting his loyalty to you instantly after marriage.
This does not mean he is not a loving and dutiful son. He is indeed both. But he always chooses you above his parents as he is incapable to balancing between you and his parents.
He is also incapable of bearing the heat emanating from the relationship you have with his mother. Instead of being caught in between two warring women, he plays safe by placing you in top priority over his parents.
But he does not do it willingly.
As a man, he wants comfort at home. If he feels staying away from his parents can make you stop fighting with him, he will do it out of compulsion.
But this is not the way to make your husband place you in the top priority list. You should make him do it willingly.
What are the ways to become the top priority of your husband?
- Never make his parents your enemies. This makes your husband feel confused about the ways to handle the bitter situation at home.
- Never intrude when he helps his parents. He is duty bound to help them.
- Never confuse the love your husband has for his parents with the love he has for you. Both are entirely different types of love.
- Don’t pick up unnecessary fights regarding his parents.
- Respect the parents of your husband. But never make them the decision maker of your family. They have no right to do it.
- Never live with your in-laws. You have all the right to live independently with your husband so that you do not have to be under their scanning eyes 24\7.
- Never interfere if your husband wants to visit his parents. It is his prerogative.
- Never let his parents dominate you. It is your prerogative.
- Don’t poison your children against his parents. Your husband feels bitter though he does not show it.
- Never allow your husband to thrust his parents on you. They are his business, not yours.
- Never thrust your parents on him. They are your business, not his.
Can you see how easy it is to be the top priority of your husband?
Follow it to see visible and positive results in your relationship.
Say a firm no when your husband tries to thrust his parents on you. Be empathetic and non-interfering about his relationship with his parents.
Now, you can easily become the top priority of your husband without him feeling guilty that he is neglecting his parents.