Top 10 tricky ways to apply make up for oily skin shows you simple methods to prevent oiliness from marring your looks. When you have oily skin you have lots of problems like pimples, acne breakouts, blackheads and other blemishes.
Your skin literally oozes oil making your face grimy and dirty. Your skin attracts dust easily as the oiliness makes the grime stick to your skin. Yet another topmost problem for oily skinned person is the makeup. Your make up literally disappears within minutes after applying it.
Your oily skin does not retain makeup as it fades instantly because of your active sebaceous glands. Your face looks smudged and oily within minutes. Feels terrible, doesn’t it?
Do you envy the oil free look of your friends? Don’t worry. You too have their matte look with a few easy and simple tricks.
Are you wondering what you should do have an oil free look after applying makeup?
Top 10 tricky ways to apply make up for oily skin!
- The first and foremost thing you should do is to select make up products specially designed to suit your oily skin. Use a primer before applying the foundation. It acts as a shield between your skin and your make up.
2. Wash your face with gentle face wash. Do not use harsh cleansers as it deprives your skin of its natural oil. Your skin secretes even more oil to balance the natural oil lost. You definitely would not want that, would you? Your cleanser should contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Very suitable for oily skin. Gently pat dry your face with a soft towel. Do not pull your face while wiping your face. When you treat your face roughly your facial muscles tend to sag- something you would never want to.
3. The next tricky step is deciding whether to apply moisturizer to your skin. Of course it is tempting to skip this step as you feel you are making your skin oilier by applying moisturizer. But you should understand that oily skin also need some moisturizer. It gives your skin a natural glow. So apply moisturizer suitable for oily skin.
4. Then comes the foundation. You should never use cream based foundation as it clogs your pores and attracts grime and dirt to your skin. Always use powder based foundation as it retains your makeup much longer.
5. Should you use loose powder or pressed powder? Go in for loose powder when you apply make-up. But carry a compact with you so that you can touch up the oily regions of your face- forehead, nose and chin.
6. Do not use a blusher with a shimmer look. You will look oilier. Choose a matte blusher as it will last longer.
7. Do you want to know a simple trick for a long lasting made up look? Take some ice cubes. Roll the cubes over your face half an hour before you apply makeup. The chillness of the ice cubes locks the oiliness in your skin effectively.
8. Use cosmetic blotting papers to remove oil from your face. Carry it along with you. There are blotting papers with slight powder coating which is still more useful for oily skin. Do not use the blotting paper roughly for wiping your face. Gently pat the oily regions. The result is amazing. This is one trick you can follow regularly.
9. Is it enough to apply makeup? You should protect yourself from the scorching sun. Always use sweat and smudge proof products. Wear sunglasses, carry an umbrella and save your skin from sun damage.
10. Apply just enough make up to look well made up. Layers of makeup clogs your pores. This makes you sweat a lot and your make up disappears in seconds.
A VERY SIMPLE TRICK WHICH I TRIED! IT WORKED!
Yet another small trick is to apply milk of magnesia. How come I am recommending a medicine as a part of make regimen for oily skin? I too have oily skin. Do you know what I do? I wash my face and while it is wet I take a drop of milk of magnesia and apply it over my face. The result is immediate.
I could visibly feel my face feeling dry. Then I apply foundation and loose powder. That is it! My face does not look oily for a very long time. One word of caution though! You should be very careful while applying milk of magnesia. If you apply too much your face will look chalky and your total look will be a disaster.
Do you know that your oily skin is a blessing in disguise? You do not develop wrinkles as easily as dry skin people do. The most irritating drawback of your oily skin is that your skin attracts dirt very easily and makes you look very dirty and grimy. Use proper products designed especially for your skin type and have a complete makeover.